Wednesday, December 31, 2008
So, here are this weeks prompts:
1.) Describe a New Year's where you would have been better off just staying home.
2.) What do you do that drives your mother crazy?
3.) Share your favorite gluten free recipe (hey, so what if I rig the topics to suit my life...)
4.) Close out 2008 with your own TOP 10 list!
So, can you tell which one I've chosen to do?? If you were thinking #1, you were right!! So, without further adu.....
It was New Year's Eve for the coming year 2000! We had plans too! We had tickets to Tommy T's and then had a room already booked at the Holiday Inn. It was gonna be my hubby, Paul (we were engaged at the time), me, my BFF and her hubby.
So, the day starts off with Paul going to work. I was at home doing whatever. Honestly, I don't recall but it consisted of not eating much during the day. I remember heading over to my BFF's house and her hubby had made some pasta salad. He makes the best too so I had a helping. That was all I ate during the day, at least until we got to Tommy T's.
Paul got off work. Once he got home, we decided to grab a bite to eat on the way to the Holiday Inn where we were to meet up with my friend and her husband. However, the time that Paul got off work, every fast food place had already closed. We were hungry!! I had pasta salad and he may of had a slice of pizza all day.
Once we finally made our way to Tommy T's, we were first to see a comedy show, then dancing and then there was a buffet at midnight. Paul and I figured we would share some nachos and then be ready for the buffet at midnight. All was going as planned too.
Once the comedy show was over, we made our way to the pool tables. We were having fun! The night was going smoothly however, I wasn't buzzed one bit. I was drinking watermelon pucker. I know, mild but that's what I liked. It was getting close to midnight and I wanted to be buzzed. So I go up to the bartender lady and asked her to make my watermelon pucker stronger. Oh boy, did she. I guess I should be careful what I ask for! She put Vodka in it. Let's just say...Vodka and I are no longer friends. Now that I think about it, I don't think we ever were..lol!
So as my BFF and I walk back to the guys, I said "I don't think I can drink this. It tastes like rubbing alcohol." Paul said, "I'll drink it then." Just then I realized a little buzz coming on. I figured I was on limited time as the clock kept ticking away getting closer to midnight, I would just deal with it and drink it. Well, I guess it became my friend for a short time during the night cause honestly, I don't remember much. I also don't remember the fact that Paul and I had gone back up to the bar and did shot after shot after shot of Jagermeister and Goldschlager, two drinks I would drink on occasion, but definitely not like that. That night I did though. Now, this is all I remember:
I was dancing on the floor with my BFF, then with Paul. Then he mentioned he thought it was time we finally set a date to get married. Then we rang in the new year. Then later I remember the people setting the buffet area up and bringing food out. I was already for that too! Then I remember my friend wanting to leave but I wanted food. I WAS HUNGRY!!! But then we didn't eat and instead walked back a mile or so to our hotel. Yep...drunk off my ass, walking. In the process, I ended up falling into some bushes as my buttoned up blouse popped open for all to see...lol! Then we somehow got to the other side of the street where I managed to fall once again with my head nearly missing one of those huge padlocks that locked those PG&E metal plates on the sidewalk. Then I remember somehow ending up at my friend's hotel room and being placed in one of the chairs where I proceeded to vomit all over myself and their chair. (I'm glad I didn't sleep in there..lol!!!!) Then, I don't recall but I ended up being by their bathroom and noticed Paul flopped over on his tummy on their bed with his pants to his ankles with his undies on at least. (Mind you, a few years later I asked my friend and her hubby about that incident with Paul cause I wasn't sure if it had really happened and their response was just complete laughter, and then they said "yes, that happened!"). Then, somehow we ended up in our own hotel room but I have no idea how. I just remember waking up slightly cause housekeeping came and I told her come back later and fell back to sleep with the worse hangover in my life. Paul had to be at work for an hour or so but once he got back we headed home where I slept the whole day away. Paul was a bit bummed but whatever. I didn't feel good and you know.....THAT will NOT happen again!! Since then, I can barely drink a whole cocktail. That was definitely a lesson learned!!
Ok, that's my story! Now head on over to Mama Kat's and read others.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
For this week, the topic is this:
2008. What have you been thankful for this year??
So here goes, in no particular order......
1. I am thankful for another year with all my loved ones. I am very family orientated and to have them another day, month or year is so very special to me!
2. I am thankful that I actually succeeded in accomplishing my New Years Resolution.....losing weight! I've always been a thin person but since being with my husband (15 1/2 yrs) I started to put the weight on after 3 yrs together. Then I had a child. So for 10+ years I kept making my NY resolution to lose weight, failing every year too! Not this year though! My husband is so proud of me too!! What a great feeling AND to know that I have ME back!!
3. I am thankful for my daughter. She is my everything! She has made me look at life in a whole new way. She's a momma's girl too! Awww.....I love my baby so much!! (OK, enough of the mushy crap. lol!) Also, that she is doing Fantastic in school. This year she is in 1st grade and I couldn't be anymore prouder of that little girl! I truly feel blessed to have her in my life!!
4. I am thankful to have my husband. After all these years together. The ups and the downs. Through my weight gain and lose, that man still looks at me the same way he did 15 1/2 years ago! He still says the sweetest things to me (OK, maybe not as much but he still does). We still say "I love you" probably more than 5 times a day too! I truly feel blessed to have him in my life also! (If you're reading this, I love you babe!!!)
5. I am thankful to have been at my job 6 years this year. It's part-time but it's part-time because I choose that. I make a nice wage for what I do and I feel like I have job security too! Just basing it off of a conversation I've had with my boss. I enjoy my job because it's just me and him and some other sub-tenants but there is NO GOSSIP! One word......FABULOUS! Sure, I'm a girl and we love gossip (well, me to an extent) however, I don't like to be the one gossiped about. I prefer to withdrawal myself from it all, if possible. So, this job is wonderful for me. I go to work, then go home.
6. I am thankful for my dog. Yes, that's right, my dog! I just took the little one to see Marley & Me last night and well, lets just say.....we were bawling!!! I am an animal lover and I have lost my pets over the years and it is just like losing a loved one. They are a part of the family and when they pass, it doesn't hurt any less just because they are an animal. Every day I have with my Ozzy-boy, I treasure! He is the best little doggy (who seems to be part deer with the all the hopping he does....lol!! I swear I'm gonna get that on video for you all).
7. I am thankful for my friends. I have 2 best friends from junior high that I've kept close to me. They've been there for me through thick and thin. They accept me for me and I love them. But I also have other friends that I have met over the years. I don't make friends easily because I'm very shy (that's why blog-land is perfect for me!). People actually have thought I was stuck up because I won't talk. ME? Stuck up? Not my personality AT ALL! I'm just a scaredy cat! However, I have come out of my shell some over the years.....courtesy of my hubby!
8. I am thankful for my hubby's job. Although he has one this year, taking the economy into consideration....he just may not have one next year. I'm just praying we can ride through this in the coming year. With his job we have love, our house, our play time, our material things. If he loses it, we have our love and my parent's house..lol! They've already made plans to let us move in if it comes to that but let's just pray it doesn't. I haven't lived there in 14 years. I would like to keep adding to that number if possible..lol!
9. I am thankful for our health. A couple years ago I had a scare with my hubby and still, to this day we don't know what was wrong with him. He was dehydrated, his kidneys started to fail and the doctors thought he had a mild heart attack but after much tests, they couldn't figure it out. Then a couple months later he started to have episodes where he would get violently dizzy where he would fall and couldn't stand and also vomit and have really bad headaches (headaches are something he never gets). Again, doctors couldn't figure that out either. With much research on my part, I figured out he has Vertigo. Very scary and my life was turned upside down for months. I wouldn't let him drive anywhere either but then it all came to a stop. Over the last couple years though, he will start to get mild lightheadedness which is how it would start out, but it never goes into full blown Vertigo. With that being said, I am very thankful for our health!
10. Lastly, and definitely not least.....I am thankful for all my new bloggy friends I have made. I know I've said this before but really, I am! As I mentioned above, I have a hard time meeting people and being social and this really helps me. Sure, until the day someone actually wants to meet (does that even happen??). So, thank you everyone for welcoming me here with open arms!
There you have it! My 10 reasons for being thankful this year! What are you thankful for?
Until next time, Happy New Year and I wish everyone a prosperous 2009!!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Ok, let me explain myself. I have noticed lately that when someone says something or does something that I happen to miss, I tend to think I can just rewind it and play back what was said or done....lol! I know, a bit cooky, right?! I find it to be a bit odd myself that my mind would think like that. It's just for a split second and then I realize "duh, this isn't a movie or something."
So, here's the question for the day:
Am I the only
Saturday, December 27, 2008
So, let me share with you how our Christmas turned out......
Christmas Eve I worked, of course. However, my boss was nice enough to let me go home 2 hours earlier! The day before I kept saying to my hubby that I hoped that my boss would let me leave early as he had the prior year. This year he let me go a hour and a half earlier than the last.......PAID!
In the evening I first made some brownies for Santa and let Sabrina put them out along with some Eggnog and had a letter all ready for his arrival. Here is a picture:
Then, unexpectedly did I wake up at 5:45am??!! That's right! That is soooo out of the norm for me and I couldn't go back to sleep either. UGH! So my hubby and I ended up getting up and showered as the little one slept. I figured every year, since we go out to breakfast, I'm always rushing before it would get to late from opening gifts and then showering that my hubby would be like "It's getting too late to go out to breakfast." I didn't want to have to hear that again and the feeling of being rushed so I just bit the bullet and got ready.
After a bit, maybe 7:30-ish, we thought we would try and wake Sabrina up (video taping it in the process...hee hee!), we were unsuccessful. 8 o'clock rolled around and that's when I heard those infamous words...."If she doesn't get up soon, it's gonna be too late to go to breakfast." That's when I suggested we go try waking her up again. This time we were successful!
As Sabrina made her way out to the living room, she made her way to Santa's BIG gift......a Hannah Montana bike! She was so excited!! However, she had also asked Santa for a Whoopie Cushion. Let's just say, that thing is going to be put away.....FAR AWAY.....if I have to keep hearing that thing...grrrrr!!!Paul ended up getting a bunch of SJ Sharks stuff. Which, he already knew with some cause he put a few items in the "basket" online. I was fortunate enough to find a couple items in the store without his knowing. Yes, it's not that easy to find cool Sharks stuff as hockey isn't that popular of a sport here in California.
OK....I know. Kind of got carried away so back to Christmas. We turned the TV to that holiday log channel and thought to be funny and roast some marshmallows!! LOL! Paul's idea! Here is Paul and Sabrina roasting theirs...lol!
We finally made it to breakfast. We went to IHOP this year and I feel I did very well with eating taking WW into consideration. After breakfast, we went home to let our tummies settle and then made our way to my parent's house. It was the three of us, my mom, dad, brother, my SIL, my grandma and my aunt (my dad's sister). We had a lovely time however, seeing my grandma and with the dementia really taking over her, it was very sad. Not so funny this time. With her constantly forgetting where she is and who she is in a matter of minutes, we have to keep reminding her. Her mind was telling her one thing and we had to straighten it out for her that she thought everyone was messing with her. She even told Paul that she doesn't want to be here like this anymore. Well.....unfortunately, not in those exact words. It is really sad and I hate to see her like this. I did let her know how much we love her though and tried to reassure her that she belonged there with us. Poor grandma! *sigh* All in all though, it was a lovely Christmas and I'm so glad I was able to spend it with the most important people in my life that I love so very much!!
I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!!!!! Whatever holiday or beliefs it is you celebrate! Sorry if I missed anyone in my last post. I really didn't mean to. BIG HUGS!!!!
Also as a reminder, Fabulous Foto Friday will pick up where we left off on January 9th. If you are new, check the rules out here and join us on January 9th for some picture fun! Everyone is welcome to participate!!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Dear Dogs and Cats:
The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.
The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough. Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:
TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:
(1) They live here. You don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly. Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they (1) eat less, (2) don't ask for money all the time, (3) are easier to train, (4) normally come when called,
(5) never ask to drive the car,
(6) don't hang out with drug-using people;
(7) don't smoke or drink,
(8) don't want to wear your clothes,
(9) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
(10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
(11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.
Give your pet a hug today!!!
Honestly, I don't know if I can list 10 but I will sure try. Here are my fellow bloggy friends I would love to nominate this award to:
I also wanted to give everyone a heads-up and let you know Fabulous Foto Friday will be on hiatus this week and next week due to the holidays. I didn't have a very good turnout this past Friday as I know everyone is really busy. Just be ready with all your Fabulous pics to join in the fun on January 9th!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
See, we have the option of securing the windows and doors while we are home. I think that's a great feature given the times we are in bed or Paul isn't home. Now, the tech guy said that this one particular light called "system status" on the panel should never be lit if the alarm is secured. Right next to that light is the "disarmed" light which would be lit if the alarm is disarmed.
So, this morning I had noticed that the "system status" light was on and panicked. I was all "OH SHOOT!!!" Then I noticed the back door open and hurried to shut it and then entered my pass code to disarm the system. During this whole incident, I noticed but still didn't care (cause I was in panic mode) that the "disarmed" red light was on but still panicked anyway.....shaky hands and all! LOL! Maybe you can say I'm stressing a little too much??!!!
I hope this alarm system isn't gonna cause me more stress than needed. I stress enough as it is. A part of me wishes the tech guy hadn't told us about the "false alarm" fee but then again, I'm glad he had cause maybe I wouldn't be as careful and won't be blind-sided.
Friday, December 19, 2008
So here it is, another week for my Fabulous Foto Friday. If you want to join, check the rules out here.
This week my family and I had some fun so of course I had the camera handy! Boy, I sure hope "Santa" brings me that camera I want so bad cause I sure am getting anxious to be able to take some better pictures with it! Anyways, this week I am going hog wild on sharing some photos.
First up is a picture of Ozzy looking oh so cute with a reindeer that we got in San Jose at The Christmas in the Park. He was being such a good sport here with the reindeer
wringing his neck giving him a nice hug! lol :o)
Then we have Sabrina with one of the Reindeer props, again at The Christmas in the Park event. It was just too cute not to pass up! If you notice, Sabrina has her new little reindeer sitting on top of this big reindeers antlers.
Now, for the family pic! Yippee for us! lol I made sure we got a picture together here. If you notice to the right of Paul, we tried to get the gingerbread house in the picture. Didn't work too well. Oh well.....better US in the picture then the gingerbread house..hee hee!
Here we have Sabrina with the Nutcracker statues. I really like this picture! With us going to the Nutcracker this year, it just seems appropriate. I also have this same picture in sephia. It look so nice but I wanted to share this one in color.
Here is a picture of Sabrina wearing her new glasses. Sabrina got a bit bored at the Sharks game and I thought I would play along with her. I made these glasses for her. It was made out of some sticky sticks that we got at P.F. Changs for dinner that night. I also made myself a pair but I thought Sabrina's would be cuter. ;0)
And lastly, I will close with this sweet picture of the two reindeers we got. Yes, I had to have one also. :0P Sabrina made them like it was mommy and daddy hugging :o) awwww!! So of course I had to get a picture of them!
Alright.........now it's your turn!! What great memories did you capture this week?! If you already did yours, add your name to Mr. Linky so we can all visit your blog. Remember to leave comment love!
So, here are the rules:
1. Post a special picture that you took during the week. If you have more than one that you want to post, that would be great also. It can be any kind of picture (i.e. funny, silly, weird, artsy, fun, whatever).
2. Write about what the picture is about and what it means to you.
3. Come back later and sign your name on Mr. Linky to share so we all can make our way to your blog and see your wonderful picture(s).
4. Be sure to comment on the person above you. If you want to comment on more than one person, I'd love that and I'm sure they would too! The more comments, the better :o)
I look forward to seeing what everyone has come up with to share!!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Ok, that was it. You can all go back to what you were doing! :0)
Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Here are this weeks prompts:
1.) Write or share a letter to Santa.
2.) Describe a favorite Winter memory.
3.) Last night it snowed buckets and you are forced to spend the entire day at home with your family...what's the plan!?!
4.) What's the best gift you've ever gotten/given.
5.) Describe a Christmas tradition that you have started with your own family?
OK, this week I choose to do both #1 and #5.
I've already done #1 earlier this month, so check out my Santa letter here.
Now, for a Christmas tradition that I've started with my own family.......
When my husband and I got together 9-11-93 (what a significant date that turned out to be), it was just in time for the Christmas holiday season. We loved being together all the time since our relationship was so new (I still love always being around him until he pisses me off of course :D). Always being together, we thought we would go to breakfast Christmas morning. Something different. It was such a nice time too! We never eat a traditional breakfast like that and thought that the next year we would have breakfast Christmas morning again. Ever since then, we've turned this into a annual thing for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We may have missed one or two due to being sick but it has become a annual tradition for these three holidays.
Now, fast forward to the year 2002. We had our daughter and since "tradition" is something we both love to have in our lives and family, we wanted to share this with her also! Now, it has become a anticipated event for her also. It's something we talk about weeks before. We'll even ask each other "Are you ready for breakfast?" Also, I'm sure you can imagine how excited she gets as she loves to order her usual pancakes that all the places we go to makes them into a "Mickey" face with whipped cream and a cherry on top! MMMM...yummy! :o)
Merry Christmas everyone! Go make your family traditions a special one!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Here is this week's topic:
THIS WEEK. Meaning from last Tuesday to today - what made you thankful?
Hmmm??? What am I thankful for this past week? Here goes (in particular order).....
1. I guess I should be thankful for most of our bills and credit card statements and bank statements weren't in our mailbox when it got broken into.
2. I'm thankful for a fun and safe weekend with my family.
3. I'm thankful that my mom watched my cutie while DH and I went Christmas shopping.
4. I'm thankful I got most of my Christmas shopping done this week.
5. I'm thankful for my days off.
6. I'm thankful for my days at work, getting paid.
7. I'm thankful for my weekly visit at my friend's house.
8. I'm thankful for my health!!
9. I'm thankful for family and friends!!
10. I'm thankful for my new bloggy friends and all the bloggy comment love!!
Here are the rules for the Christmas award:
You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas. You must link back to the person who gave you the award. You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going! Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment.
Here is my list of things of why I love Christmas!
Yippeee!!!! Now I'm going to tag the following Christmas Spirited people:
Denise at Laughing with Spoons
Diamond at My Pretty Pink Blogette
Monday, December 15, 2008
I am writing to you because of the discovery my husband found yesterday. You know what I'm talking about. Had you been watching and waiting? It just seems kind of funny how you knew just which mailboxes you should tamper with in order to get the treasures that didn't belong to you. That's right! We think we know who you are. As we had the police here writing up the police report, you got into your vehicle avoiding our direction. You, knowing some houses in the area are vacant only meant no mail would be arriving for those houses. So you knew only too well that there was no need in breaking into all the mailboxes.
I know my husband hadn't checked the mail in a few day, something he has definitely learned from now, thanks to YOU! What was it you wanted so badly? Our bank statements? Sorry, we already received one and the other you were a day late...Too Bad! Or was it our Christmas cards? Hoping that we would have received some sort of cash or gift cards for your spending pleasure? Sorry, we usually don't get that stuff in the mail. What was it you wanted so bad? If you didn't find it, put my mail back you SCROOGE!!!
I not only feel completely violated by this selfless act of yours but now, we had to take matters into our own hands. Now we have realized that people like you are only going to start to come out of the woodwork more now that the economy is going down. I guess I otta thank you?? Why you ask? Because of you, we have now got ourselves an alarm system to avoid being anymore vulnerable. So....THANK YOU!! Now.......PUT MY MAIL BACK!!!!
A irritated, yet "less vulnerable" citizen
So, I had requested a letter from her and this is what I was given........"T". So here is my Christmasy list of 10 things that start with the letter "T":
2. Tree Topper
3. Tiny Tots
7. Twelve Days of Christmas
8. Traditions (I chose this since this is one of our family traditions)
10. Time (That time of year!)
That was fun! You should try now!!