Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday's Musings

Let me first start off by saying, I am so fricken HAPPY to be at work right now! That's right....let me get that out there right now cause this may be the only time you will hear me say that.

Okay, now you may be asking yourself why on earth would I be so HAPPY to be here at work, the place I tend to complain about, right? Two little letters......A/C!! Oh....and because the boss isn't here today and Wednesday (doing the happy dance!!). I just spent my weekend in hell at home, no pun intended. It's been really HOT out here, 100's and what happens? My A/C decides to go out. My husband tried looking up on the internet what could be the problem and even opened it up to see if he could see if he could fix it or even if there was a loose connection cause it would start to work if we hit it really hard but it only worked for a short time before stopping again. Since he had it opened up, he decided to clean off the dirt hoping that maybe it would help from possible over heating. In the end though, it wouldn't work for us.

So today, my hubby has made an appointment to have the A/C guys come out and hopfully, it won't cost us an arm and a leg. Otherwise, we'll be without an A/C for the rest of the summer which will NOT be a good thing.

~~~

Also going on, I know I had posted about this a few months ago but I feel I need to get the word out again. I know MckMama already has a lot of followers but for those of you who don't know the story about her little boy, Stellan, he needs prayers right now cause he is a very sick little boy. Please keep them in your prayers as they can use all the prayers they can get right now.

Prayers for Stellan


~~~
Since having my baby girl home for the summer, I think I can safely say we had fun doing lots of fun things. I know I had mentioned here that I was feeling a bit of a bad mommy but those days are over. I conquered just about everything I wanted to except cherry picking but there is still time to do that on the weekends.
Well anyways, tomorrow my little cutie pie will be starting 2nd grade. I can't believe where the time has gone. I swore she was just in diapers. I swore I was able to still carry her in my arms. Honestly, I can cry right now cause I am so sad that she is getting older. I'm so sad cause before I know it, she's gonna be in high school. The thought of that just puts a pit in my stomach.
Back on track....sorry....but anyways, with this new school year, she has been put into a combo class again! I am so excited about that cause it's a 2nd/3rd grade class. They did that with her Kindergarten class a couple months into the year and put her into a Kinder./1st grade class cause they thought she could handle it. So she wasn't getting bored. Honestly, it really helped her too! She has been doing so good in school and I am so excited for her this year. She is a little bummed though cause there is only one other girl from her class last year that is in her class this year. The rest of the kids are in a regular 2nd grade class. There's always recess!
~~~
Over the weekend we celebrated my husband's birthday. Honestly though, we didn't really do anything except went out to a late lunch which was so late that we didn't even feel like eating dinner. Since the night before, Friday when we went to Red Robin so he could have his free birthday hamburger, my food pretty much messed my stomach up the whole weekend. The service there is terrible and our food the last two times has been luck warm. It's brand new location too. I have my free birthday hamburger this week but I think I just may pass on it. I don't want to deal with that along with my stomach not feeling good for a couple days. No thanks....I pass! Also, we didn't do much cause he didn't want to spend any money. We did go to Hollywood Video though to get a free birthday movie. You know what we picked out for my husband's birthday? Well, since my daughter wanted to be able to join in the movie fun, we got.....

Beethovens Big break Pictures, Images and Photos

Yep, my poor husband rented Beethoven's Big Break for his birthday. LOL! Have we watched it yet? Nope! Should have just rented what he wanted. Okay, I think maybe my husband got jipped this year! I tried to go do something fun but he refused.

Oh, and since I just mentioned and not to toot my own horn but this Friday is my birthday!! Woo Hoo! Yes, I'm big about my birthday! It's my day. My one day to do whatever I like and since it is in the summer, I never had to go to school on that day nor have I had to work on this special day..lol!

We're probably not gonna do anything big except dinner like my hubby's. I am however, hoping for the Mommywood book by Tori Spelling.

Or maybe even this super cute tank top from No Fear

We'll see. Maybe I'll get jipped this year too. I doubt it though cause when we went and saw this tank top yesterday, my hubby whispered in my daughter's ear something after he said "we'll see. Your birthday is a few days away." Hmmm? I think maybe it's in the bag!

But hey, I'm gonna be spending the first 6 hrs of mine by myself cause my husband has to work and my noodle is in school.

~~~

Well, since I just wrote a book, I better get back to work now. ;O)




2 comments:

Amarie said...

Back to school?? Yeesh! Didn't school just let out last month?? lol! Maybe that's what's wrong with the kids here in New York - too much vacation time lol. My son actually goes back August 31st, but that's because he goes to a charter school, but most all other schools go back after Labor Day. Is it just your daughter's school, or do all schools go back now where you live? I am so not ready to think about back to school just yet. I do hope you have a great birthday! I love birthdays, too, especially when it's mine lol. And Hubby's is also coming up on August 29th.

Sounds like you had a great Summer, Kimmy :-).

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Love catching up with you, Kimmy, and seeing all that you are up to this summer. I also couldn't agree with you more re MckMama and her family. I sincerely hope and pray that her littlest one is able to get better soon!

-Francesca