Saturday, March 28, 2009
So, for those of you that had ab.so.lut.ely. NO idea what to ask me, here are some answers you may (or may not) care to know about me :o)
And now for a little conversation I wanted to share with you all that I had with my little one last night. The fact that I'm getting older each year (although I'm still young and still feel young), this did NOT make me feel young AT ALL.
I was over my in-law's house. My MIL was holding her little dog which happens to be half chihuahua and terrier.
Me: Awwww, his ears make him look like a little Gremlin.
Then I look at my daughter...
Me: I should rent that movie Gremlins for you. I think you'll like it. It's such an 80's movie.
Daughter: Is it in black and white?
Me: WHAT? It's not that long ago. I'm not that old. lol
Friday, March 27, 2009
If I don't receive anymore questions, I'm just gonna have to throw in the towel this week. I know....sad. Tell me about it. I just know how much you guys like to see my videos. :o) I know how much I alone like doing them for you, as does my child...lol!
So for one last shout out for questions from all my loving bloggy friends, who I know wants to know more about me (lol), send me some questions so I don't look anymore pathetic than this post is proving me to be.
Oh yeah.......a big "WHOOPS" about a no show on the FFF this week. I must say, I have really fallen off track here big time! Sorry guys but from the looks of last week, doesn't look like anyone has taken much interest in it lately. Oh well! Let me know if you guys are interested anymore. I just may stop it and just share my pic on random days and posts.
Okay, carry on now......
Thursday, March 26, 2009
So, is there anything that you guys have been wanting to ask me but were afraid to? Or there just wasn't a right time? Or you just thought of it now? Well, here's your chance. Ask away people.
Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be fun! Don't let me down guys!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Where did I go wrong?
I'm trading you in!!!!
For someone shinier and new!You blew it! I'm hurt.
I mean, if maybe....and just maybe, if you went back to your old ways, I may take you back. Until then, I've found someone else.
They can offer me the same things too.....for cheaper! Okay, so maybe the convenience isn't quite the same but I can have 3 movies for less and you could only offer me 2 for your price.
We can still be friends, right?!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Please excuse the fact that I look like crap in the video. I didn't even put make up on because I have been dealing with a migraine all day and I still have it. Also, we did this video all in one take cause I had like 7 minutes left on my battery.
So anyways, on with the show.....
Okay, it's your turn now. What talent's do you guys have to share?
Friday, March 20, 2009
Welcome everyone!! It's that time again for Fabulous Foto Friday! If you weren't here last week, that's alright! My philosophy is "the more the merrier"!! So, I would love for you to join in :o)
So, here are the rules:
1. Post a special picture that you took during the week. If you have more than one that you want to post, that would be great also. It can be any kind of picture (i.e. funny, silly, weird, artsy, fun, whatever).
2. Write about what the picture is about and what it means to you.
3. Come back later and sign your name on Mr. Linky to share so we all can make our way to your blog and see your wonderful picture(s).
4. Be sure to comment on the person above you. If you want to comment on more than one person, I'd love that and I'm sure they would too! The more comments, the better :o)
I look forward to seeing what everyone has come up with to share!!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
So anyways, it's Mama Kat's weekly writing assignment and here are the prompts:
1.) I used to think...
2.) List ten things you can do in three minutes.
3.) Describe a time you allowed your child to do something that you normally would not let slide.
4.) I want to become friends with...
5.) What are you currently fascinated with?
I think I'll do #1 and #5.
So for # 1....I used to think that all Aunt's were named Aunt Linda because coincidentally, both my mom's sister and my dad's sister both share the name Linda. Clearly I was like super young but nonetheless, I still thought that. In fact, one time one of my friend's and I were talking and she referred to her Aunt as Aunt Sue. I was confused so I asked her "Why did you call her Aunt Sue? I thought they were called Aunt Linda." My friend rationed with me and explained that her Aunt's name was Sue. WOW, let there be clarity in my life!!!! LOL!
And now for #5...
What are you currently fascinated with? Well, I wouldn't really say it's a fascination.
First, let me start of by reminding everyone that I am a HUGE Hollywood follower. I love watching all the entertainment shows on TV and even watching TMZ. I love the whole celebrity gossip thing. So, I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this?! Natasha Richardson! I can't help myself in feeling a bit melancholy about this and her death. My heart just goes out to her family and friends. Now those poor boys of her's no longer have their mom.....just heartbreaking!To think one moment she was creating memories and having a wonderful time with her loved ones and a simple bonk on her head ended her life is just depressing and sad. Stuff like this just saddens me. I just get so caught up in with the whole celebrity thing and their lives. Noooo, I'm not some stalker freak either! I just love watching the shows and keeping up on the latest. I love going to Hollywood any chance I get too! But just hearing stuff like this makes me so sad. I know it's life but she was just too young.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
This is when I left...
Once my husband got home, we left about an hour later to head out to dinner and the Sharks game. We left at about 3pm.
Here's my noodle while we were driving.
And I took a couple pictures of this absolutely RIDICULOUSLY HUGE house that we see everytime we head out in this direction. We even saw it being built which was a couple years ago. Thought I would share it with you guys.....
Almost to The Cheesecake Factory.
Yummy!! We're here!
Me being my usual ding-dong self! I love making faces. Disturbing ones at that! LOL! I look like I'm about to eat my kiddo...LOL! She kept saying "Stooopp!"
This week it is our choice in what we want to list, so this is my list (besides the normal family, friends, roof over head, jobs, health, etc):
1. I am thankful that my personal life has gotten so much better over the past week or so. God has been working in our lives and all my prayers are being answered!! (Thank you to those of you that were praying for us!!)
2. I am thankful to have this Thursday off and to spend the whole day with my daughter. I miss my daughter during the day while she is in school, although I do enjoy my time while she is in school.
3. I am thankful that my boss bought me lunch today (just take-out, nothing weird going on. Ewww, that's just disturbing!) so that I can save my lunch I brought today (a Smart One) for tomorrow! How nice was that! Yah for free lunch!!! (lol!)
4. I am thankful I was able to help a friend yesterday get an awesome deal on a hotel for an upcoming trip! It made me so happy to hear her be so excited that she got this deal. (In case you're wondering, I saved her $89/per night at the Hilton. How cool is that??!! It pays to travel all the time and research!)
5. I am thankful for 4:30p today as that is the time I get off work :D
6. I am thankful that I will be eating at home today. We've been eating out waaaaaayyy too much and I'm sick of it! Blah! Do you ever get like that too?!
7. I am thankful that I get to go straight home after work rather than having to make a stop to pick the noodle up. It's the hub's turn today!! WOO HOO!
8. I am thankful that the Dow is slowing starting to go back up! Yes, I watch this all the time. Even here at work.
9. I am thankful gas isn't an arm and a leg anymore. It doesn't cost $50 + to fill my tank anymore. YIPPY!!!!!
10. I am thankful for having a wonderful weekend. We spent it together as a family having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and at the Sharks game. We had a wonderful time too!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe St. Patrick's Day!! Have fun!!
Okay, honestly, I don't know if these commercials reach other states or if it's just a California thing. You guys out here in bloggyland will have to let me know this. I know there are those of you who know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't, we have commercials with talking cows, happy cows! (LOL!) And according to these commercials, they all come from California. Personally, I totally LOVE these commercials. They are cute, witty and funny. I don't normally like watching commercials but anytime these are on, I stop to watch. I enjoy seeing the new ones that come out too. Like the anticipated new releases at the theatres. However, being from California and the whole "Happy cows come from California" thing, I beg to differ. This is why....
I live in between the city, suburbs and then farmland. My town is actually kind of farmy. However, I live less than 5 minutes from a regular suburb. If you go farther out east or north, you will really get into the heart of the farmland out here. When I drive through some of this farmland, I come across some pretty stinky areas. Areas in which I have to roll my window up to avoid the total stench of the smell. That "stench" I speak of is none other than manure. Sorry people but I have to be honest here. That manure comes from these so-called "Happy Cows". Only thing is, these poor cows are not living the Californian dream. They're all crammed together in a smelly, muddy, poopy farm place that is not green and lustrious that these commercials portray them to be living in. Poor cows!! I think they're super cute too!! :D (I'm an animal lover, obviously!!)
Anyways, enough of that....onto the commercial. I know those of you who haven't seen them are just wondering what it's all about now. HUH?! LOL! Hold your britches.
So without further adu, here is one segment of the "Happy Cows come from California" commercial. There's more where that came from too. Oh yeah, and don't forget to go vote at here.
Did you see her ears go back??!!! LOL!!!! The first time I saw this one I had to keep playing it back to watch her ears. My husband and daughter were even laughing!! Too cute!!! LOVE IT!!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
This week's blogversation topic is Show & Tell.
So here you go....
And since I participated last weekend but because I never uploaded the video, I never got around to posting it. Since I was interviewing my daughter, she reeeeaaaallly wanted me to post this so I promised her that I would today. So here you go....
Well that was fun! Now it's your turn :o)
Friday, March 13, 2009
Best part.....it's ON SALE!!! It was $73. Now it's $55.50. Not too bad! At least it isn't the $150 that I spent on my very last bikini I bought like 12 years ago that my hubby doesn't let me down about to this day. Hee hee!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Since becoming a mommy, I have enjoyed every single day off that I get. To be able to enjoy the sunshine doing whatever is so nice. Sure, my hubby gives me "chores" to do but I would rather do those chores than to be here at work.
Since we are in tax season, the past two weeks I have worked Tuesdays. Yesterday my boss had asked me if I could work today (Thursday) and as much as I wanted to say "NO!", I knew my hubby wanted me to work so I said "Yes". With the extra money I would make just this one extra day would be nice. Especially since we just dropped my car off at the shop to get the brakes done and possible rotors because we let it go so long. I know, that's bad! Then, my hubby's car needs to go in for major maintenance since it just hit 100k miles. OUCH!
Speaking of cars, the other day the hubs and I were talking. Since both our cars are over the 100k mile mark...sniff sniff...he was like "We're gonna have to get a new car soon." Light bulb clicked on.......my 2010 Camero!!!!! I WANT that car!! It's even cheaper than the people at the auto show said it would be. $35k down to $23k. BUT.........yep, there's a big BUT with that. The hubs doesn't want a big car payment like our last two were so he wants to stay under 20k. sigh....No Camero. :o( I don't want some small car either though. I don't feel safe in small cars. Okay, so we have a Mustang but my car is a bit bigger. I don't feel too bad in the Mustang, maybe because it feels sturdy. I don't want some Honda Civic or Ford Focus. We rent cars all the time when we drive to Disneyland and these cars are "flimsy", if that makes sense. Scary! This may sound spoiled also but I'm just thinking of my child's safety and when I see car accidents on the news or on the road, it's scary. I just want my noodle to be safe!! So, hopefully we'll find something nice. I just hope my car will last me another year or two.
Last night my hubby and I watched a scary movie. It was The Midnight Meat Train. I was scared through out the whole movie, covering my eyes and getting stressed out really bad too...lol! I even asked him "How the heck can you watch this and it not bother you?". He laughed. However, the ending completely ruined it for my husband. If you like scary movies, I recommend this one.
Onto other news. This weekend I thought I would do my 2nd part to my Typical Day series. Stay tuned for that.
Also, I thought I would start Fabulous Foto Friday up next weekend. I figured, since I will be taking the next 2 Thursdays off (cause the noodle will be on Spring Break and I have to have at least one extra day off with her), I can prepare for it better. Stay tuned for that as well.
Also, Summer at Le Musings of Moi has her weekly blogversations. I love doing them and I even participated with last Saturday's but I never uploaded the video so I never posted it. I will more and likely do this Saturday's and I'll post both of them together on the same post cause the noodle wanted me to post it since she was the main focus on this one. :o)
I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm glad to be back and with all of you!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
So, without further adu, this is what I'm Thankful for Right Now!
2. I am thankful that my Follower count hasn't decreased since I've been MIA! LOL I know that sounds silly but that's the first thing I notice when I log in.
3. I am thankful for my husband! He is such a wonderful person and with all that went on, I am so thankful that he is in my life!
4. I am thankful for my daughter! Again, with all that went on, she was there by my side every step of the way. What a trooper she is and to be my little sunshine! I am so thankful she too is in my life.
5. I am thankful for my friends and family who were there for me during my rough time here. Just being able to get words of encouragement, wisdom and prayers made all the difference.
6.I am thankful for the opportunity to work extra days during this rough economy. As much as I hate to admit it, I have gotten spoiled working part time since becoming a mommy. I love my days off but, I get paid good for what I do and it's always so nice to get my paycheck with those additional days on it!
7. I am thankful that I finally made goal with my weight! It took just shy a year but I did it and I am so happy!! Now, when I go back Thursday, I will probably have gained cause I ate like crap-ola but what's a pound or two now?! I'm now in control!
8. I am thankful for all the rain we got these past few weeks. I'm not a fan of rain but I am a fan of taking nice long showers and without the rain means water rationing and we can't have that now! LOL Plus, our earth needs to be watered :o)
9. I am thankful that we get to enjoy some beautiful sunshine now! I LOVE the sun and with the sun comes the singing birds in the morning. I sure love hearing the birds chirp!!!
10. I am thankful that God is in my life! He is the one that got me through this week. He has answered so many prayers and is continuing to!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Without going into great detail, last week I had decided to work on being a better person. Which includes me working on letting things not get to me. Also, I am someone who believes in God. I know nothing else. He has always been a part of my life. Only thing is, I've lived my life as I saw fit, not the way God would have. I made a decision last week that I would work at being a better Christian. That meant I was putting my all into this. I knew it wasn't going to be easy and I knew there were going to be extremely difficult times, only thing was, I didn't know when the difficult times would start and how they were going to affect me. Well, not more than 2 days later did my life turn completely upside down. I feel like I've been hit by a semi and these past few days have been the most emotional few days I have ever had in my life. I never imagined I was going to go through what I have dealt with. I'm not sleeping well, I'm crying constantly and I feel like I'm going through a state of depression but I refuse to give up. That's why I need to take the next few weeks to focus on my personal life and try to get it back. I hope you all can hang tight with me.
Also, Fabulous Foto Friday will be on hiatus until further notice.
I thank all of you for being here for me and I hope you will be here when I return.