Thursday, November 15, 2012

Writer's Workshop: Holiday Crafts & What I Wore!

Mama’s Losin’ It
 
Wow....I can't honestly say I remember the last time I participated in Mama Kat's Writing Assignments. Heck, I haven't been on here very often the past several months, when would I have time to do one of these, right?! Honestly, I'm still wondering if you guys, my readers, are even still reading my blog. If you are, I thank you so much for sticking around! I appreciate it.

This week I wanted to do one though. Especially with the holidays coming. There seems to be a little more to "yap" about...I guess?!

I've chosen to do two prompts this week. The first one is this:

2.) Holiday craft time! Share one you want to complete, have completed, or are in the process of completing!

I love doing crafts! In fact, holiday ones are my absolute favorite! Having a daughter makes it even more fun cause you can do them together!

Over the past 12 years, I've made a couple holiday wreaths for the house. One in particular is my favorite.

 
 
This one graces my front door each year.
 
This one, on the other hand, is hung up in the house in our family room
 
 
 
This year I was actually telling my husband I wanted to make another one but this one, I wanted my daughter to add a little of her own touch to it. Perhaps I see a Michael's trip coming here soon?!
 
 
Now, the second prompt is:
 
4.) Something you once wore.
 
Since we're talking holiday's. I thought I would share with you what I wore for Halloween this year.
 
I usually don't dress up for Halloween, except if we are putting on a Haunted House but we haven't done that in a couple years. However, my brother and his wife were having a Halloween party with friends this year and I thought we would dress up for it.
 
So we all did....
 
 
 
Hubby and I were Sandy Clause and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and my baby girl was dressed up like the 80's (she actually had a wig that looked like Pat Benatar).
 
Ah...here we go (minus the flip flops...haha!).
This is when she just got the outfit so she tried it on for my mom and dad.
 
 

Now head on over to Mama Kat's to see what others are sayin'!




2 comments:

multiplemama said...

OK so all I need is for you to come over and fix my wreaths for me. OK?

Unknown said...

You're not going to believe what I just posted about for my writing prompt today! 80's clothing! I LOL when I saw your daughter's outfit. Loved your costumes. Are the reindeer cookie pops your avatar? They're so cute!