Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Key West (Day 2)

On the second day in Key West, we had so much planned.

Parasailing, snorkeling, dolphin and sunset cruise! We were so excited!!

Parasailing was first thing in the Sunday morning, 10am. We walked down to Mallary Square and waited for our boat arrival.

Taking pictures in the meantime...

Baby got to go twice. Once with me and once with daddy.

{photo courtesy of Sunset Watersports}

{photo courtesy of Sunset Watersports}

{photo courtesy of Sunset Watersports}

Round two!

{photo courtesy of Sunset Watersports}

It was so much fun!! We even got video of the 3 of us up there!

After parasailing, we grabbed some lunch at Margaritaville. Taking pics on the way.

In front of Sloppy Joe's Bar

Once the evening approached, so did our snorkeling/dolphin/sunset cruise!

We got very close to some dolphins too!

As we got to our destination to go snorkeling, which was 7 miles out, we anchored and surprisingly, it was only about 4-5 ft deep.

We all jumped in the water and seriously, not more than 5-10 minutes later, Baby got stung by a jellyfish! She started crying claiming it was burning and itching so we got her back on the boat while the boat crew sprayed some stuff on her legs to help ease the pain which made it better.

While she stayed on the boat for about 10 minutes, hubby and I stayed close by the boat however, that left nothing but sand for us to explore. Oh yeah, and jellyfish to avoid!

Once Baby got back in, we started to swim where the corral reef is. Baby swam next to daddy the whole way. Since I'm not the best swimmer, I kept falling behind yelling "Wait up!". Just as we got to the corral reef, hoping to see some fish, my husband calmly says "Ok, there is a jellyfish right there" as he points and just then, Baby freaks out and climbs on my husband's back choking him. At that point, he started to swim back to the boat cause it was impossible to enjoy the water with her freaking out about the jellyfish....poor thing! Can't blame her though.

It was time to head back anyways. Got on the boat, enjoying the sunset.

While one of the boat crew guys asked us if we would like anything to drink, I simply asked for some water, husband got a beer and baby got a Sierra Mist.

I start drinking my water and it tasted like salt water. I thought maybe it was from the water on my lips or whatever water I ended up swallowing (on accident, obviously) while snorkeling. I made a comment and the guy thought strange. Other people thought it was from my skin also. I kept drinking it and I couldn't get over the taste. Then another lady said the same thing so the guy decided to pour himself some to taste and sure enough, he says "Oh wow, yeah, I don't understand. We have a filter and it obviously isn't working. Sorry about that!"

The lady next to me said "I'm surprised you drank as much as you did." I was simply just trying to suck it up and deal with it, really.

After our cruise, we went to Caroline's for dinner and had some yummy food and just relaxed...

enjoying each others company!

Be sure to come back to see what fun stuff we did on Day 3!

In case you missed Key West Day 1, you can find it here.


Amarie said...

You guys are SO adventurous!! (pssst...Sabrina looks sooo much like her dad lol).

Sweet Tea said...

What a dream vacation!
Great that you, hubs and baby all enjoy the same type of "stuff". OUCH to the sting ray!!! She was very brave to get in the water again so quickly. Love all the photos!
You are all so daring!!!