Friday, December 16, 2011

Geek Chic!

I really don't know what to think about this new style with the kids these days.

In my day, if you looked like this


You got picked on, heckled or even beat up.

Maybe things haven't completely changed but it seems some people have taken a whole new approach to the idea of being a geek or a nerd.


Stores have started selling popular characters on shirts, backpacks and even school supplies that read




I'm actually liking it to the point that maybe, just maybe the teasing will stop.


I even started seeing kids at Nuggy's school wearing fake glasses and adding tape or a bandaid to the center to give it that authentic look. At that point I thought it was a bit silly but whatever.


Then I realized, my own child hoped onboard the "geek chic" train!




Honestly though? She a pretty cute looking "nerd"!


Still seems silly though. Just sayin'....



1 comment:

Amarie said...

My 19 y/o daughter loves that look! But since she's older, she skips the tape and wears makeup and mix match clothes, but I have to admit, it's really cute! I've always embraced the nerd because I've always been teased (as an adult lol) about my gadgets and all my technical knowledge LOL!