Sunday, January 8, 2012

Who's to blame?

I received my first gray hair when I was about 17 yrs old.

My mom went gray early also. In fact, her hair is pretty much salt 'n pepper all the way through. She's only 58 yrs old.

For as long as I can remember, she's had lots of gray but she always dyed it......until recently.

So here I am, just a few minutes ago, observing my hair, checking all the areas that I could possibly check.....gray, gray, gray.

Okay, so maybe I'm not salt n' pepper.....not by a long shot. The only time you can see my gray is if I pull my hair back by my temples to see underneth or better yet, when I get that one crazy gray on the top of my head that refuses to lay down like the rest of my hair so in turn, to avoid having it appear obvious, I have to pluck it out only to receive two more in it's place. You know how that goes.

So the question lies......who's to blame for my gray hair?

Well, let's see shall we....

1. Genetics? Because my mom went gray early, I will probably go gray early too, right?!


2. My daughter? Because I stress everyday for her safety. For the future and the events that are to come for her, that I have absolutely no control over. Yes, I stress about this!

3. My husband? Because he drives me bonkers like husbands tend to do.

4. Myself? That's right! I can be honest. I stress, stress, stress. I stress about crazy things. Or even just the mear fact that I pluck those pesky grays. Is THAT why I have all the gray I have, because each one I plucked, I gained 2 more in it's place?

This we may never know. Like that question, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?" The world may never know!





No comments: