Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Storm Tracker 2009!

Here in California we are having a Storm Watch.

As my husband's cousin, Eric would jokingly say "Storm Watch 2009!!!" cause with the lightest rain pour the news stations always claim "a storm is coming in". At least that's what Eric always says cause he's from Buffalo, NY and has also lived in Miami where he's seen snow and hurricanes.

Well, not in this case. Not in my eyes anyway! (lol)

As seen here, we have the storm passing through our area.

Now, earlier when my husband and I woke up around 7:15am, my husband decided to go look out our back door and then says "I hope our canopy is okay". A second later he says "Never mind, it's destroyed!"

Okay, that was a bit of a exaggeration. He was just speaking on an instant impulse. All that was wrong was the canopy cover which is fabric, was half down and hanging. Also, we have the furniture out there with the cushions. So I instantly put my shoes on while in my pj's and ran out there and started grabbing the cushions and running them to the playhouse in the backyard. By the time I ran back after my last trip out there, my husband came out and started to get the rest of the canopy cover off as I helped. As I was tying back the curtains, he was taking down the chandelier. Needless to say, it's all good and although I was soaked, I feel better it's taken care of.

Yeah, I know we should have taken care of this yesterday but we are procrastinators.

Then, with this "Storm Watch", we are worried about our side fence. One of our neighbors that share that fence are....well, how should I put this? Okay, I'll keep this clean....Grumpy Old MEANIES! That's right! And needless to say, it's on a retaining wall which makes it even worse. Their house sits lower than ours but we're not sure which side of the property line that retaining wall sits. Well actually, the retaining wall has sort of disintegrated over the years....before us moving there.

Anyways, here's the fence. Doesn't look too bad, right?


Okay, maybe take another look. An angle from another room. Nice, huh?!

Yeah, now see why we are worried. We have our reasons why it hasn't been taken care of. We just want to be careful how we spend our money on the house right now.

Now the plan........to try and stay dry! Oh, and hope the fence doesn't fall!!

No comments: