Friday, November 26, 2010

Closing A Chapter...

After thinking long and hard for the past week, I think it's time to close a chapter in my life.

I've had a close friend in my life for the past 22 years whom at one point, genuinely called my BFF. I even considered her and her family, MY family.

But......things change over time. People change. People grow apart.

Not that I don't still care for them. I do. I just feel we have grown apart and there will always be a sense of uncertainty or drama if I continue to have them linked in my life. So I have ultimately decided to close this chapter.

Over the past year or so, I have reflected and even though at times I was bummed or saddened by the events that have occurred, I've come to terms with things and I feel good with my decision.

I try to teach my daughter that if there are things or friends in her life that bring her down or are negative, she needs to make a decision of whether or not she wants that negativity in her life. What kind of example would I be setting if I didn't "practice what I preach"?

I have people that are active in my life that I love dearly and they bring joy to me. There are four special friends (three of which I have recently grown very close to over the past year) and with all four of their friendships, it has made me realize what real friends I truly have in my life. For that, I am truly grateful and blessed.

So, here's to a new chapter and may it bring laughter, happiness and continued love!


No comments: