Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just When I Thought...

I was back from my break, I go all MIA again for 3 weeks. What's up with that? Well, I have a good excuse, so I think. So, with that, let me count the ways...


1. With the weather here in California being all stormy and rainy lately, I have been really tired. In fact, on my days off, I've been sleeping in until 10-12noon. I KNOW! Fortunately my daughter was on spring break. Otherwise I would have a lot of explaining to do.


2. I know you you've heard it before but yes, tax season and extra days at work equals a busy mommy.


3. We just put our daughter in Karate last week, three days a week. She is so excited! We are too cause this is the first sport we've actually put her in. She's already done three classes but she hasn't received her uniform yet. She does however, have her belt.


Karate Pictures, Images and Photos


4. We took our daughter to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2. Super cute movie!


5. We've also been in the planning stages of trying to use up our Southwest Airline voucher. Plus, my boss gave us his points through JetBlue which in turn, allowed us an extra Vegas trip, Baby!! This one we're actually taking our daughter with us though. In fact, we will be heading out there right after tax season! We can't wait! Last time we took her, we took her to see the Blue Man Group, which was an awesome show. This time we are thinking about two shows, one we already saw but thought would be fun for her, Tournament of the Kings and then Cirque du Soleil's Mystere, which we haven't seen. We hear it's really good and wonderful for the whole family.


6. I've also been dealing with the insurance, playing the waiting game also about that accident. It's gone into arbitration and according to my friend who worked at an insurance company before, said that it could take month. Great.


7. THEN, we have been dealing with our dog. I've been having to bath him constantly. You see, when we go somewhere, we have to leave our dog somewhere. So, the only place we can take him is to my in-laws. WELL......that means that he brings back little unwanted pest. FLEAS! It's so bad too! Poor dog. I've tried (almost) every thing. Those sprays for furniture and carpet, then the ones for the pets, then the actually medicine you put in their fur. Did the whole vacuuming thing, bathed him with the flea medicine shampoo but then again, you can't bath him more than once a week with that stuff. It's too much! I'm going crazy over here!!!!


SO......since we will be heading to Reno again coming up, for my BIL wedding, we're setting off....you guessed it...BOMBS!!! I'm sick of it! Once we pick Ozzy back up, he'll of course be at the in-laws house again, I'll wrap him up and run him into the bathroom for another flea bath. HOPEFULLY, that will do the trick. Praying!!!


So, there you have it. That's what has been going on in my neck of the woods. I'll try to be better with updating. I clearly can't promise but I sure will try.


1 comment:

Lisa Petrarca said...

You've been busy Kimmy & Fleas are NO fun!

Glad you're back!

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2011/03/cleaning-up-past-friendships.html