Denise has once again hosted Thankful Tuesday today. I know it's almost the end of the day but we can never be too late to take a moment to reflect on the things we are truly thankful for.
This week's topic is "Friends".
Alright, since I am a person who takes friendship seriously and when I make a friend, it's usually for the long haul. I truly treasure my friends as it is really hard for me to make them. I have notice over the past few years it has gotten easier however, there are only a few that I can truly call my "Best Friends".
1. I am thankful that I have Linda and Trish, my BFF's in my life. They both have been there by my side since 1988 (junior high). I truly treasure their friendship and I would be lost without them. (If you're reading this you two, I love you both with all my heart!)
2. I am thankful that I have a friend that I can call and vent to and they understand and just hear me and listen. They take time to be there for me when I need them most!!
3. I am thankful for my weekly visits to my friend, Angie's house. She is one that I am starting to think of as a BFF also. She has been a great friend the last 3 years and I am so thankful that I have her here, close as my other BFF's live 50 min. away.
4. I am thankful that my friends except me for me!! Even when I'm crazy (in a "road rage" kind of way..lol!!) I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm Me...crazy, silly, serious, uptight, goofball me is the whole package. It's all or nothing baby!
5. I am thankful that I have a friend that will tell me when I'm wrong (even though I don't want to hear it at the time). I know I need to hear it sometimes and I'm thankful for those particular times.
6. I am thankful for the special memories that I have with my friends! The pictures and funny times I have to share. Those are the moments that are precious! When we can look back and laugh at silly moments or just smile at a good memory.
7. I am thankful for the new bond as being a "mommy" at the same time. Being able to share our good moments or even the bad ones to help us get through the day. Being able to empathize with each other knowing full well what the other is feeling.
8. I am thankful for my weekly (usually 2 hour) call with my BFF, Linda. I look forward to these calls so we can "catch-up". Since we don't get to see each other but maybe, a couple times every few months, these calls I truly cherish!
9. I am thankful for my Weight Watcher friends at my weekly meetings. They inspire me to continue on my journey. They help me during my rough patches and they just have continual encouragement and support for one another! I'm so grateful to be a part of a wonderful, supportive group!
10. I am thankful for all the friends I have reconnected with from school (Facebook & Myspace) and for my new bloggy friends that I have made.