Monday, February 2, 2009's Monday.

Don't we all just hate Mondays? It's that day back to work (for those of us that work outside of the home) after a much needed weekend either being lazy, resting up from the week or just doing family activities.

Now, it's the end to another wonderful weekend and back to the weekly chaos. Well, I'm no different and mine started out in your typical fashion.

We had such a nice weekend! The weather was absolutely beautiful, I took my daughter to a birthday party and then we went to a friend's house for his annual Super Bowl party. As the day came to an end, I started to dread "Monday". Knowing full well that it was back to tax season hell and after having dealt with my boss on Friday who by the way, acted like an ass but you didn't hear that from me. So I'm sure you can see why I wasn't looking forward to the work week ahead. Especially since it started off like this.....

All was good. I went to bed at my usual time, 10:30pm. Then out of no where I get woken up by my daughter's alarm at midnight. What the heck?! Why the heck was the alarm set for midnight? So in the morning I had asked her why she didn't have it set at her usual 7am. She said that on Saturday she set it for lunch and forgot to set it. Why she feels the need to set it to remind her for lunch is beyond me but I told her we can't have that happen again. That she needs to keep it to the time she needs to wake up. I don't want to hear that thing going off all hours of the day just so she can be reminded of "whatever".

So after I go into her room at midnight to turn the alarm off, I go back to bed and fortunately was able to fall right back to sleep with no problem. When not more than an hour later my dog decides that he needs to go potty and begins whining to wake me up. So then there I was, getting my butt back out of bed. Enough already!! Again, fortunately I was able to fall right back to sleep.

However, I remember my alarm going off and me hitting snooze (a thousand times cause I set it 1 1/2 hours before I need to get up. I know, I'm weird but it helps me with the long process of waking up.) and during the snooze hitting, I somehow managed to turn it off. Good thing I felt that feeling of "lateness in the air" and the fact that I didn't remember hearing the alarm anytime recently. Only 5 minutes late out of bed. Phew!

Once I was all ready and out the door, I get into my car and start to back it out of the garage I hear "squish squish". What the hell??!! I get out of my car and look at my front tire, a tad low but not flat, just needs a little air. I then I look at my rear tire and sure enough....FLAT! Damn it! I was all ready to go. I was even going to be on time for work for once too. I then got out of my car to inform my hubby who was in his car waiting to back out. I ended up having to go with him to drop off our daughter at school and then drop him off at work because I work 30 minutes further. With that, I was only 15 minutes late to work and the boss was cool about it. Maybe the week won't be so bad after all. Yeah, we'll see about that. The week has only just begun :o)

So, do you have a "Monday" story to share?


Stesha said...

Ahhh, another wonderful Monday!

Hugs and Mocha,

My Side of the Story! said...

Becky does that alarm thing all the time. She sets it for 4:30am on Thursday nights and then forgets to reset it on Friday nights. I am constantly getting woken up at 4:30 and she doesn't even stir.

Hope the rest of the week gets better.

The Wife O Riley said...

Mondays stink!! 2 days are just not enough time to decompress!

{Diamond} said...

Hope the rest of the week goes smoothly!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Your trials and tribulations in the middle of the night are one for the record books. I can't believe that your daughter's alarm went off at midnight. You are much more patient than I would have been. That poor little clock would have not made it through the night in my house. :)