Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to School?!

Back to school.....you know, that time of year when you have to get the kids supplies purchased, clothes bought and bed times back to their usual time. That's what I had to do for my kiddo a couple weeks ago. However, I'm not talking about her. I'm talking about myself!

I was talking with one of my girlfriends the other day about photography and she suggested that her and I take a class together at the local community college. She has a Nikon (not digital but it'll do the same thing) and I have my Canon. I said "Really??!! You would go with me?" She was all "Heck yeah!"

First of all, once I graduated from high school I wanted to take a break of school cause I had worked my tushy off while I was there. I needed a break. Then a few years later I took a couple classes with one of my BFF's cause I'm the type of person that basically, I need ya to hold my hand or I won't go. Yes...Me! That's another reason I haven't taken a course at a local college cause I didn't have anyone that would go with me......Until NOW!!! Right on! I'm totally excited too! I even shared with my husband and he was all for it. He knows how much I love photography and all I can do is better myself at it.

So after my husband and I talked about it, he went to the computer and looked online at the local colleges and guess what???!!! NO CLASSES! WTH?? Are you kidding me? So then he looked at the Academy of Arts in S.F. I told him, I don't think so. I'm not driving out to San Francisco to take a leisure class like this. Deal with traffic....No thank you! He told me to take Bart (if your not from the Bay Area, it's a train rapid transit system like NYC Subway). I'm not taking Bart either. It has to be local or I'm not taking the classes.

Here, I get a friend to want to take a photography class, SUGGEST it, no less and Nothing! How lame is that? Really! I told my brother and he suggested that I go down to the college and maybe they have more information or classes that they just didn't list online. I guess that's my next best option. So guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?

UPDATE: Okay, I just called the college and they do have a photography course that starts in a week but it's on the days I work. Go figure, right? Oh, and then I checked the other college and they have a perfect class however, a Digital SLR is required. Okay, that works for me but not for my friend. *sigh*

I guess I'll just have to check back for the Winter schedules. :o(


4 comments:

Stacey said...

That would be a fun class to take!

Nikki B. said...

i'd like to do that...once all these mandatory classes are behind me.

The Adventures of France & Deirdre said...

The Academy of the Arts in S.F. does offer the photography classes online......I have the course catalog. Wanna borrow it?

jori-o said...

Stopping by from SITS to say hi...I'd love to take a photography class too, but the stars haven't aligned for me yet either =) Someday....