Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

This past weekend I have to say was none other than......UNPRODUCTIVE!!! I know I said here that I was "not sitting around this beautiful Saturday" but guess what? I DID....and I wasn't happy about it either. We spent the whole day asking each other "What do you want to do today?" It wasn't supposed to end up like that. We WERE supposed to go to Old Towne Sacramento for the day so I could get some nice pictures and just enjoy the day being with family. At least I got to spend it with family but again, it was spent asking each other "What do you want to do today?" Oh, and doing this too...

Playing air hockey.


Oh yeah, and posing in the mirror..lol!


Other than that, on Sunday we went to a few dealerships to look at new and used cars. We own three vehicles, one of which is non-op. The other two we drive on a daily basis. They are in great condition however, my husband's car has over 106k miles whereas I have a newer vehicle than his and I have almost 120k miles on my car. Needless to say, my husband is "deathly afraid" that one of our cars is going to break down on us and then we'll be racking up the miles even more so on the other car. So, we have decided it was time to browse our options and see what we can find, just as a "get around car", you know, so we can take drives and do all the fun stuff we are used to. Makes sense to us. We want it with a warranty still, of course. I won't have it any other way. I am afraid to buy used. Our two cars we currently drive we brought brand new. I feel better about it too. I know what the history of the car is. I had had used vehicles in the past and, well, let's just say.....I'm scared to buy used!!
So anyways, we browsed and didn't find anything. If I could have it my way, I would go down to the Chevy dealership and put my name on the waiting list for the new 2010 Camaro but, right now it's just not economical or a 4-door.

Which brings me to this.....

The other night, I had a dream that Jessica Simpson came to our house and she had just bought the brand new Camaro! I was excited!! Not because it was Jessica Simpson (which in reality, I would be all star struck!) but because she had just bought the Camaro and it was, get this....a 4 door!!!!! LOL I was all "OMG, you have the new Camaro and it's a 4-door!!!" I was so excited! I was telling my husband (in the dream, of course) that Camaro had a 4-door and I wanted it. It made perfect sense to buy it now.


Okay, sorry. Enough about the Camaro. Maybe I'll shut up once I actually get the darn car...lol :o)

Other than that, nothing exciting has happened but this coming weekend will be quit exciting as my husband has given the "ok" for my daughter and I to head down to Disneyland for the weekend. With my BFF and her kids. We're so excited! You can bet I'll have pics to share when I get back.

Anyways, the highlight of this week was stumbling upon this picture. I seriously CAN NOT get enough of it!!! LMAO! Not only does it make me laugh every time I see it, but it warms my heart cause animals are simply adorable and so innocent in their actions. Look at his little face....AWWWWWW!!! LOL!



3 comments:

Stacey said...

Have a great time at Disneyland! I had to look to see what the new camaro looks like and it's nice!

betty said...

I haven't been to Old Towne Sacramento in years, but I sure enjoyed it when I was there; enjoyed the train museum (wonder if it is still there)

have fun at Disneyland! that I have been to this past March; always fun!

I'm always of the opinion if cars are running somewhat okay, better to keep them then get a new car with payments, especially in these economic times; my son's car has over 115,000 on it (1993) and my van has 69,000 (1999). we are going to run them until they run no more, LOL.

enjoy your adventures at DL!

betty

The Wife O Riley said...

My kids can literally spend the entire weekend posing in the mirror, be thankful it was only one day for you. LOL!! I saw that picture on AOL and I spit my coffee all over the place!