Saturday, December 4, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 4

My Favorite Christmas Memory!

Well, let's see here. I can list a few.

One, every year when I was a little kid waking up before my parents all excited! If I was awake first, I would run into my brother's room to wake him up. If my brother woke up first, then he would come into my room and wake me up. Then we would go and wake up our parents. My mom would keep us down the hall while my dad got the old video camera (from the 80's) ready to capture the excitement from my brother and I when we saw all the treasures that Santa brought us.

Also when we were really young, my parent's one Christmas Wve spent all night long making a cool little video of a litle Santa driving his sleigh on the mantel dropping all the goodies from his red sack into the stockings. My parents seriously made it look like Santa was doing all the stuff all by himself. It was so cool. I wish they knew were the video was so I could share with my daughter.

Now for a more current favorite memory....

It was Christmas 2002. It was the first year that my husband and I celebrated Christmas as parents with our precious daughter who was 6 months old at the time. What a blessing she was too!

8 years later and she still is!!


Share your favorite holiday memory and link up:



1 comment:

Grace said...

When I was a kid, my grandmother insisted that all 6 of her grandchildren participate in a re-creation of the Christmas story. I loved going to her house on Christmas Eve day to practice with my cousins.