Monday, September 22, 2008

I Hate The Phone!

I'm currently on the phone with Dell for my job. It seems as though none of these companies can ever give a simple answer to a simple question and it's just so annoying. I had called them an hour ago for my boss, to cancel one item from an order. That call consisted of 3 transfers and a half hour on the phone. Now, because we never received a confirmation of that change, I'm back on the phone. I'm only asking for them to resubmit a confirmation email. Not too much to ask, right? Well, lets see.....I've now been on the phone for 10 min., as I continue to sit here on hold, that time continues to increase. Aww...a voice speaks.

My boss has me do these sorts of calls all the time. Trying to fix credit card errors or his personal utility bills incorrectly charged. It never fails, these calls aways seem to be 30-60 minute calls. I used to like being on the phone, until this job! I love my job, don't get me wrong. It's only me and the boss and a couple other sub-tenants. There is NO gossip!! That in itself is why I love this job!! It's so nice to come to work and leave not feeling like "OMG, they were talking about me" or "what did they say? Was that about me?" Who gives a shit!!! That's just unnecessary stress that no one needs!!

So here I am, finally off the phone. Heck, I guess I should look at it like this.....I get paid (a decent wage) for yapping on the phone. The only thing though is, I come home and have my husband telling me to do the same thing...UGH! I'm not at work and I don't want to have to do "work" stuff at home!! This has created a "anti-phone" attitude with me. Sure, on my days off I will chitty-chat with my BFF for an hour or more, but besides that, I avoid the phone. I'll check it and if it's not for me, I'll hand it to Paul or Sabrina. If it's a 1-800 #, I'll pick it up sometimes and hang up on them. Don't call my house!! Oh, and what is it with the telemarketing calls to the cell phone?? And the car warranty calls?? What's that?? QUIT CALLING!!!!! I put my number in the "Do Not Call" list online but that thing doesn't work. I'm almost convinced entering our numbers on there is just recycling our numbers to these stupid companies. Hmmm??

No comments: