Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yah For Movies!!

Isn't it true for some? I'm the type of person that when I'm down and need a "pick me up", I always revert to the video store. Movies always allow me to "escape" from reality when I'm down. Sometimes a good comedy helps but even a suspense thriller will do for that matter.

Yesterday I decided to hit the movie theatres with my mom, feeling that need for a "pick me up". It had been a while since I went to see a movie with my mom and felt this would be a good time to have some mom and daughter time. When I was younger and still living at home, you would always find my mom and I at the movies. We love going!!!

We wanted to see "Mama Mia" but that started too late and since I had to be at Sabrina's school at 2pm to pick her up, I needed something early enough to allow me to do both so we went and saw "Righteous Kill" with Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. What a great movie it was too!! I highly recommend it! Next on the list of movies to see......"Women".

During the previews, they have so many movies coming out that look like they're gonna be good. I can't wait however, they're really aren't too many "family type" movies coming out. I'm sure they wouldn't be showing "family type" previews at a rated R movie but even the posters along the walls aren't geared toward Sabrina's age. Bummer! I do know that I will be taking her to see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" when she's on her fall break which I'm excited about..LOL!!! It looks cute! I just love those cutsie type movies.

BTW...an update on my car, it wasn't as bad as we originally thought. Thinking it was the starter turned out to be just the battery...LOL! We even had it towed to the car place to have fixed not knowing it was just that. Good thing for AAA and free towing!

No comments: