Sunday, July 24, 2011

Baby shower planning in progress...



My mom and I are planning a baby shower for my SIL, my brother's wife. This is their first child. Thank goodness cause I thought my brother was never gonna have a kid. With him turning the big 4-0, perfect timing to get daddyhood rolling! In fact, the baby is due right around his birthday, Oct. 1st, give or take a few days.

My mom and I went shopping a little for some decorating items, but we still have lots of planning to do. I've actually been stressing about making sure everything gets done cause I am quite the procrastinator.

In fact, last Tuesday I woke up with a migraine around 4:30am, so I took some exederine and went back to bed. Well, wouldn't you know it, I couldn't go back to sleep. Why? Because I was thinking about the baby shower and what all needs to get done. Oh....the things that keep us awake at night...sheesh!

So, besides the decorations, planning what games to play, what foods to serve, we have the problem of venue. I had originally planned to have it at my house however, while counting how many guest we should have, ultimately my house is too small for such a party. Sure, we can have it outside in the back but my mom can't stand the heat so, indoors it is. Which lead me to the thought of our church.

So many things to get in order before the day of the party. We officially have one month and four days to go. Time to get on the ball!

Have any ideas you would like to share? I'm all ears :o)



2 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

What a fun occasion to be planning. The last shower I helped with was at our church. The church is always a good option - most people know where it is and usally space is not a problem. I think you're onto something with that idea.

nancygrayce said...

The church is always a good option. I've had showers at my house where people were literally mingling because they had no other choice! It will be fun wherever you have it and I'm sure you're SIL will be so happy!