Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Day in the Neighborhood

There always seems to be some sort of excitement in my neighborhood.

It's not that we have crime here in our neighborhood. It's actually a nice neighborhood. It's just that, since we live off of a major highway, the crime seems to either go through our neighborhood (as an escape route for criminals) or it comes to a screaming halt in it (like crashes into someones front yard during a police chase). Yes, these two things have occurred.

Even on many occasions I have seen stolen vehicles left right on my street. The way my street is situated, besides my house and my neighbor's house, there are really no houses there. Just the sides of the houses. So with that, people tend to leave stolen vehicles in those places cause I guess it's an easy place to drop off a vehicle and not get noticed.

Well, never in my life did I see this one coming.....

Yesterday morning my husband decided to go throw the trash out, which the cans are in the front. As the garage door was opening, he noticed a vehicle in our driveway. Partially in the street and on our driveway. At first he thought it was his sister's car, it not registering fully yet. Then when the garage was completely open, he noticed what it was.

It was a stolen green BMW from San Francisco sitting partially in our driveway, blocking all of our cars from being able to leave anywhere.
It had a missing hood, passenger back little window was busted out, which was the entry point. The steering wheel column was smashed in. Hoses, battery and other engine components were missing.

My husband had called 911 to report it. He gave the license plate number and the dispatcher confirmed it was stolen and to not touch it.

The cops were there really quick too. I was going to take pictures of it but by the time I got out there, the cop was already here. Yeah, I know....he was quick!

I just didn't want to go out there with my camera and start taking pictures and have the cop looking at me like I'm some weirdo and have to explain, "Um, yeah officer, I just wanted to take pictures so I can blog about this."

So instead, here's this picture. Just picture it with all the missing components I mentioned above. :O)

Needless to say, the tow truck guy came pretty quick also, got the car and took it away. I just feel bad for the owner. Then again, we started to think that maybe this could have been the work of the owner. Just speculation though.

However, my friend said "If your car is ever stolen, just look down the street."
LMAO!! Yeah, no kidding!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That's crazy!! We had our car stolen about 2 years ago and whoever stole it left it on some street behind a house somewhere. Too bad you didn't get any pics of the crime scene!! Next time you should go out and tell them you're auditioning for CSI! :)

Stopping by from SITS! Have a great day!

lagirl/sweet tea said...

That's waaay too much excitement for my taste. Hope tomorrow is a totally clam day for you!

Sara E said...

ok.. now that's pretty crazy.. I bet it's fun retelling that story