Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I guess I spoke too soon...

This past weekend I was making my "comment" rounds. As I was bouncing from blog to blog, I was noticing how this season's flu was making it's own rounds. So what did I do? While commenting on one of the many blogs, I made the mistake of leaving one comment, referring to the flu, that said "Fortunately, it hasn't made it's way here (knock on wood)."

Yep, that's right. It was Valentine's Day! The day I was anticipating to be a good day. All in all, it was except for one minor detail.....

I got the flu!

Can we just say, there is nothing romantic about a sick wifey.

Believe me, I attempted at feeling better by getting the nerve up to head to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I ordered and ate barely any of my dinner until of course, my daughter bought "moi" a Tiramisu Cheesecake. Oh. Yes. She. Did! With her own money, no less!! I of course had to share it cause there was no way I was about to eat that 789 calorie decadent dessert all by myself and not be worried about not making it home in one piece. Believe me, the few bites I had were simply heaven!

Yesterday though, I made it to work, not feeling 100% but as the day went on, I started to feel a little better. Thank goodness!

Then at 3:50am this morning I woke up to a little someone saying "Mommy, my stomach hurts" as she rushes to the bathroom. That's right, it has moved on from me to my little kiddo. Only thing is, I never actually got "sick" whereas that's all my daughter was doing this whole morning every half hour. Poor thing.

Then, to make things better for her, I grabbed my camera just so that I could snap this picture of her just to share with all of you :O)

I think maybe next time I'll keep my big mouth shut.


4 comments:

lagirl/Sweet Tea said...

Once that nasty bug invades a household it next to impossible to contain it. Sure hope your little sweety is feeling better soon, and you too, Mom!

Jennifer said...

Awwww...that sucks!!

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

The Wife O Riley said...

I'm so sorry you guys got sick!!! I hope everyone feels better soon.

Debbie said...

Ohhhh. So sorry you all have the sick! And I do that all the time - tempt God and then he says, "Ha!".