Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I've got a bone to pick!

You know what's aggravating? What's aggravating is when my husband says "I guess I need to do laundry" or "I'm gonna clean out the fridge since it's garbage night". Sure, you may think either one of two things; 1) That's great that he'll help her with the laundry and/or clean the fridge out" or 2) "What? He doesn't think she's doing HER job?" If you're thinking #2, then you know why I am aggravated right now!

OK, my husband likes to seriously joke around but also just joke in general. I HATE it when he does it. I never grew up in a "That 70's Show" type of household. When my dad joked, I could never tell and thought he was serious which resulted in me getting into trouble OR when he wasn't joking and I took him jokingly, I once again got into trouble. So you can see why I don't like joking around about, well....more or less, stupid shit!

So back to my main point of this blog. So, when Paul makes this sort of comment (just joking as he claims), he makes me feel "less than". Like I'm not doing my job. I'm sorry though, I work a regular job (part-time with a 50 min drive in traffic each, to and from work), I clean this house constantly and pick up after everyone, I cook, I take care of our child and I volunteer at her school. I have my hands full. I may slack off on laundry (cause I can't stand doing it) but he should just say "Hey babe, can you wash my clothes" instead of "I guess I need to do laundry", and when it comes to the kitchen stuff, that's my domain. STAY OUT! My kitchen is clean and I don't like it dirty. Don't make a sandwich and leave mayo or bread crumbs on the counter and then turn around and say "I need to clean the fridge out cause it's garbage night". I'm I right ladies or am I right???!!! I even snapped at him and told him to worry about his own stuff before picking on my stuff. RAR!!!

4 comments:

Denise said...

OH. MY. GOD. You and I have A LOT more in common than I thought!

DH does that too and it IRRITATES THE CRAP OUT OF ME! When I call him on it he says "I was just joking" - but was he really? To me...a joke is funny for all involved - not at the expense of me...HIS WIFE!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can soooooooooo relate! I could have wrote that post myself!

Wow...I think you need to come with me on my "mini-me" vacation - whenever the heck I ever go on one...if at all! Or even hang out just doing things WE want to do!

I often wonder how DH will get along if I wasn't there helping - if I had to go away for a week or so. I bet he'd realize how much I actually DO.

Okay...you obviously picked a bone in me too! LMAO!

Sorry for the novel!

Kimmy said...

OMG!! Isn't that shit annoying?! His response is ""m joking" also. LAME! No, it's not funny men!!!

Yeah! We should hang out and do what WE want to do!!! :O)

Trish said...

LOL... I know. When Scott does something out of the blue like fold the clothes and puts them away, he ALWAYS has to let me know that HE did it. Like I'm supposed to say thank you or something. Do I get a thank you when I do EVERYTHING around the house? HECK NO!!!

Kimmy said...

LOL! I know, Paul does the same thing!! What the heck!! We want thank you's also!!!