Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A lesson learned....and some pics!

So we made it to Reno this past weekend. I was so excited to get there and take pictures of all the beautiful balloons. I was hoping to get up at 4am but that didn't work out. I ended up only getting 4 hours of sleep. 2 hrs, woke up for an hour and then 2 more hours. (I got an extra hour sleep once we got back.) I ended up waking at 4:30am not hearing the alarm clock cause I was so tired (thanks to my husband for staying out until 1:40am, but whose counting anyways? ME!) We still had to drive to the local mall to catch the shuttle bus. By the time we got to the place, the Dawn Patrol had already started and were ready to go up in the sky. It's the balloons that are lit up in the dark and they do lighting patterns and stuff. Needless to say, I was a bit bummed about that. The couple I did get I'll just have to be happy about. I just know for next time. Plus, to get more sleep so I can function better.

I'm posting some of the best ones, I feel, out of the 200 + that I took.












6 comments:

Leslie said...

Very cool. I'd love to see a hot air balloon launch sometime. They have one in our area once a year, but the last few times that I've been it's been too windy to launch...

The the pics!

Stacey said...

Those look pretty cool, but I would never have the guts to go up in one!

Denise said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! LOVE the sunset one! I have always wanted to go see that!

Amarie said...

These are really good! Experience and learning is what it's all about!:-)

Unknown said...

Great balloon shots, thanks for sharing!

Rachel Follett said...

These are beautiful! Love the sunset!