Here it is, September 1st. Where has the time gone? To be honest, I look forward each year to the start of Spring where the birds are chirping early in the mornings, the flowers are blooming and the breeze is blowing cause that means Summer is right around the corner! I LOVE Summer!
However, I have a confession.....I have actually been looking forward to Fall and Winter for the last year or two. I think it's the fact that the holidays are coming and I love the closeness of family and the food and all the fun shows on TV. Maybe with my age, my look on life in general is changing and I'm just trying to embrace all the wonderful things there are in this world and not limiting myself. Who knows.
With that said though, I am not a fan of the rain. I don't care how much I'm looking forward to the holidays, I can totally do without the rain. I, on the other hand, will take fog any day. I LOVE fog! I love the mysteriousness of it, the way it makes things look in the midst of it and then, the gorgeous pictures you can get! This year I am hoping to get some awesome pictures, if only I can drag my butt out of bed early enough. :o)
So, with Summer coming to an end, I want to take a moment and make a list of things that I am looking forward to this Fall and Winter. (As always, this list is in no particular order.)
2. Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas decorations
3. Movies on rainy nights
4. Going to Apple Hill in Placerville, CA
5. Our annual haunted house
6. Going to haunted houses
7. Going to the Corn Maze
8. Going out to breakfast for Thanksgiving and Christmas
11. The memories we'll be making
12. Christmas music
13. Christmas movies & cartoons
14. Halloween costumes
15. Pumpkin pie
16. Turkey dinner and all the fixings (my mom makes the best!!!!)
17. Family gatherings
18. All the pictures I'll be taking!!
19. Having Christmas at my parent's house. Takes me back to when I was a kid!!
20. The meaning of Christmas - JESUS!!!
21. Shopping for Christmas
23. The innocence of my child during Christmas
24. Picking out our pumpkins
25. Carving our pumpkins
26. Visiting the mountains with the snow
27. Driving around looking at decorated houses for Christmas
28. Drinking Starbucks hot Tazo Chai Latte
29. Playing the Wii cause it's too cold to go outside
30. My child's face on Christmas morning
31. A Christmas Story!
What are you looking forward to? Join me!