Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Writer's Workshop: 3 Things in Life

It's that time again for Mama Kat's weekly assignment. This week I've chosen to do:

5.)If you could only focus on three things in life and pursue them fully, leaving everything else, what would they be and why? (inspired via tweet by Sarah Mae from
Like A Warm Cup Of Coffee)

What three things would I choose to focus on fully in life? Hmmm? Let's see...

1. Family
Why? That's easy. Family is the most important thing to me. Without them, I would be lonely, lost, empty and sad. My daughter is the new life in me. She creates a newness in my life. She captures my heart. She is everything and I've taken on life in a whole different aspect because of her. As for my husband and my immediate family, they let me be me. They accept me for me. They love me for me. They don't try and change me. They understand me and I need that. I've changed over the years and they've embraced that and accepted it. I love them dearly and without them, life wouldn't be the same.

2. Photography
Growing up I always wanted to be an Interior Designer. I wasn't passionate about anything else. That's what I wanted to be. Then I got older and never went to college and lost the passion. Felt unsure of myself. Thought it was too competitive to even bother. Then as the years went by, I would take random pictures of this and that and got compliments and at first I thought "aw, thanks" and never thought anything else. Then as I would take more and more pictures, the more the compliments came. Then I really started to get inspired and I have become to love taking pictures over the last several years, more than I ever did. Then one day while in San Francisco's Pier 39, my husband, daughter and I went into a gallery of landscape photos. That's when it hit me. "This is what I want! I want my own gallery." Then I just got my Canon this past Christmas. I still have that gallery in my mind but I have been moving slowly, trying to learn all the different techniques and effects of the camera. Next year I plan on taking my first photography class with a girlfriend of mine. Some day I hope to grow this passion into a business.

3. God
As I occasionally posting here, which I need to more, I have been moving closer to God. He's always been apart of my life but I never followed God's word the way I need to. I did things I should have, talked in a manner I shouldn't, listened to toxic music and I'm slowly trying to make that change. God has been patient with me yet he has always been there for me...answering my prayers. My faith has gotten stronger and I would just like to embrace my faith more as I feel I as a person will become a better "me".


8 comments:

junebug said...

I think it is great that you started a photography class. So often we say we think some would be neat but it takes guts to actually try it. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I haven't seen you in a while Kimmy! I always love your posts. They are so thought provoking. Your family is beautiful! I am glad you have them and they fill you with so much joy! I always love your pictures. Very pretty. I hope you do get a gallery one day! And last of all, so great that you are making God a priority. So often I forget to do that.

Blog Stalker said...

Love what you wrote. All 3 categories. Kind of sums up what is truly important in life. Sometimes we get so caught up in what we think life is about we forget God or our family and sometimes even ourselves and what makes us happy.

Have a great day!

kisatrtle said...

great choices!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Stopping by from WW.. I admire your faith in God. :)
d

The Wife O Riley said...

What? No revenge? Just kidding, love your answers!

Amber Page Writes said...

All three of those are fantastic answers. I hope you get your gallery...and get where you want to be in your relationship with God.

KatBouska said...

I would love to take a photography class, learning about that stuff is so fascinating!