Sunday, September 20, 2009

This, That and an Award!

I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and found out some very valuable information. That info, in case you missed it is this, Close the toilet lid before you flush! I never thought that the water particles along with the other undesirable stuff in the toilet could float in the air for up to 2 hours as well as 20 ft. So if your toothbrush just so happens to be sitting on the counter, well, you just may want to pop that sucker in the dishwasher for a nice HOT cleansing like I did. Ewwww!! Can we say GROSS?!

~~~

We have been using a website that I wanted to share with all of you. It's http://www.restaurant.com/. You can choose what city in your area and it will list the participating restaurants. It won't be a chain though like Red Lobster or Chili's. Just your local restaurants. We just bought $200 worth of gift certificates for $8. That's right....$8!! And no, it's not "too good to be true" either. There was a code that we used and it gave us over 90% off. We already used 2 of our gift certificates so we know it's legit. How cool is that, right?! Well right now, the new code is for 60% off so I wanted to share that with you all. You have to register for the website but it is totally worth it. Just enter "ENJOY" in the code section. Click here to get started.

~~~

Movie news! Now that Shark's season has taken off, I have begun to put in my Netflix queque all the desirable movies I get to watch at MY leisure. One I just watched was Caroline. Cute movie with Shirley Maclaine and Julia Stiles. Only thing was, I'd already seen it!! *head shake* Duh! Right now I have Vanity Fair with Reese Witherspoon half watched. It's such a long movie that I had to stop it cause I started watching it so late that I fell asleep. Not because it was boring, just because I'm not a night owl.

I currently have 10 movies in the queue. Maybe I should just start a weekly movie update to let all my fellow bloggers know what's good and what not to waste your time with. Hmmm? We'll see.

Also, I'm planning on taking my daughter to see "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs". It looks cute and plus it's in 3-D. The hubby wants to go also so we'll have to make it a family outing.

~~~

I've taken on a big thing this year. Well, more like my daughter volunteered us. This year we are having Christmas at our house. Normally we go to my parent's house. I really enjoy going over there cause my parents decorate very nice and festive and plus, it just brings back childhood memories for me. So warm and cozy! BUT...not this year. Now, I only need to figure out how to accomadate everyone since we have a round table that only seats 4 people. Our house isn't big at all (1169 sq ft) and there will be maybe 8 people. Doesn't sound like many people but if you saw how small my kitchen space is, then you would understand. I'm going to take this challenge and run with it though!!

I also plan on baking more this season. I have a Weight Watcher recipe book with some delicious dessert recipes in it so I'm quite excited!

~~~

Now, onto the Award!! I have to THANK with the highest gratitude, Becky over at The Wife of Riley. What a treat it was to see I had won an award!! Thank you so very much!



This one has rules.

1. Each Superior Scribbler I name today must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving bloggy friends.

2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.


3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to THIS POST, which explains The Award.


4. Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.

5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

Here are my choice for the Superior Scribblers:

Laughing with Spoons

My Pretty Pink Blogette

Life as we know it...

Life with Kaishon

Sweet Tea

~~~

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! Since I'm out this weekend, I'll hopefully be able to bring back some awesome pictures to share.


3 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow... thats a great deal on gift certificates. I will have to check that out
Congrats on the award,and I think I will close the lid for now on. :)

Amarie said...

Congratulations!Thanks for the great info, and a BIG thanks for sharing your award! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I used the restaurant site around Christmas last year, thinking it was a good idea, but the only restaurant in our town still hasn't had any gift cards available. I am really bummed about it! Glad it is working out for you better, though.