Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today is the day...

I finally get my hair done!

I've waited over a year and a half for this moment.

I can't wait for the finished product too. I just hope it turns out the way I picture it in my head. I just can't seem to find it in any magazines.

The tricky thing about it is, I have thick hair. I mean...really thick hair! So when I go to get my hair done, the ladies that work on my hair always give me the same line, "Wow, your hair is really thick! I've never worked on anyones hair as thick as yours." Ummmm? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I guess if they want to charge more, they can which is a good thing for them but a bad thing for me. ;O)

Then the other problem is, when I do show the girls that work on my hair what I want, they always say "Well, since your hair is so thick, it may not turn out exactly like this cause usually the girls in the picture don't have thick hair." Great! So what am I supposed to do then? Just have the girls do what they think will look best with my hair type and hope for the best? I don't think so. Why can't I just have normal hair?!

So, as part of Mama Kat's writing assignment, if I could change anything about myself, it would be the thickness of my hair.

So.......

The appointment is this afternoon so I will take before and after pics. But it won't be completely finished today. Hopefully, after I find out what the damages will be, I will be getting the carmel highlights hopefully next week. Again, since I have super thick hair, I'm sure I'll be paying more than most of you would. Trust me, getting my hair appt has been no easy feat. My husband is so leary of the price and what the results will be. The last time I paid for a $300 hair transformation and well, it wasn't transformed much at all. Why? Cause this girl neglected to tell me (like all the other girls after her told me) that it probably won't turn out the way I want it to.

So, for now....here is a before pic from this past weekend.


Oh yeah, and I'm going on day 8 for that lingering migraine. All from tension in my neck. Can you see it in my eyes in the picture? Yeah, just call me warrior woman.....playing in snow with a migraine!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I've had thick hair my whole life too, which is why I gave up on trying to make it look like anyone else's. I stopped straightening and perfecting; I let it do its thing... with a heavy moisture treatment and some key products. Good luck with your hair appointment! You have beautiful hair, so I hope it turns out the way you want it!

Leslie said...

I'm sure it will turn out beautifully. You've got gorgeous hair!

And... hope you get rid of that migraine.

Jeanette said...

Wow your thick hair is gorgeous! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your appointment goes well. And oh the migraines! You poor girl! Hope you get better soon.

Amarie said...

I've always had THIN hair and wished my hair was thick! Good luck, Kimmy, can't wait to see the pics!

Miss. C said...

Optismooth is what worked for my thick hair!!! The only process that has EVER worked for my hair!! I too would spend $$$$ and it never looked like the picture because, well it is just to heavy!!
Wish you the best of luck in the process!

lagirl/sweeet tea said...

I have friends with thin hair that would KILL to have half the amount of hair that you have. I do know that it's best to work with your stylist to come up with a do which will work for your type hair. You need a REALLY GOOD beautician to work with and then be a bit flexible in what you decide upon.
Can't wait to see you "after" photo!!