Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day!

I've never really paid much attention to Earth Day although I do recycle paper, cans and plastic bottles but I'm not green by no means.


This weekend though, when we went to Yosemite, I started thinking and looking at the Earth in a whole different way. Seeing how majestic, massive and just down right gorgeous Yosemite is with Half Dome, El Capitan, the walls of granite and all the beautiful waterfalls, it just amazes me.

As we were leaving the park, I was just staring out my window looking out at El Capitan and how massive it is..... Simply Gorgeous! Imagining that people actually scales the sides of it.

It just amazes me all the beautiful places in this world that the Lord has created! The beauty of it and we really do need to take care of this beatiful home of ours. Otherwise, we won't be able to enjoy such beauty and I won't be able to take pictures of it.



And that would truly be a shame.

~~~

I was originally supposed to spend this Earth day going to the movies to see Disney's Ocean but I now have a sick little girl here at home. Instead, I'm watching a little piglet running for his daddy as he gets shipped off. Yeah, don't ask.

Okay....if you must know, this will explain it.
~~~
So, how are you spending Earth day? Do you even pay attention?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love going to parks. They're so peaceful and beautiful; sometimes adventurous. :)