Monday, July 19, 2010

The spoiled ones....

Remember the days of the old television?

Where if you wanted to watch TV and wanted to change the channel, you had to get up off your tush and go to the TV and turn the knob?

Remember that?

We didn't have remotes. Not until the 80's anyways. No....we had to get up off the couch, walk over to the TV, bend down and do a little exercise called "turn the knob".

Growing up, we actually had one of these TV's. It was like a big piece of furniture and was used like a shelf or table to display pictures, knickknacks and the sort.

{via}

This past weekend I was talking with a friend on the phone about this and how kids have got it so made. Meanwhile, sharing this in front of my daughter who at the time was laying on the couch, remote in hand.

Kids these days have no idea how technology has made life for this generation so simple. I'm sure my parent's could say the same for my generation and my grandparent's could say the same for my parent's generation.

When I moved out of my parent's house, we started out with one of these

tyrus' tv Pictures, Images and Photos
{via}


Then we upgraded

{via}

But then because we wanted bigger and better, we upgraded again

{via}

But then our TV started to show it's age after 9 yrs so we had to upgrade again.

{but downsized in size by 10"}

{via}

We've now enjoyed this TV for almost 2 yrs now.

I guess we have become just as spoiled.



1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

You've bested me.
we've got TV #4 - the big ol' honkin' black box. The bad thing is I.Love.The.BIG.screen.
I've no plans to upgrade until it quits working. And, Yes, our entire household comes to a halt on the occasion that we misplace the Remote. We have no shame.

Congrat's on the new TV!!