Sunday, August 15, 2010

A "Foul" Situation...

If you're like me and everyone else browsing the Internet, then you've seen this couple.

{via}

If you're not, then let me shed some light. This couple was at a Houston Astro's baseball game this past Monday. When a player hit a foul ball, the boyfriend said that he would catch the ball when at the last second, decided to stand clear of it and allowing it to hit his girlfriend. Nice, right?!

Well, they have been all over the news, youtube.com and now on CBS's "The Early Show". The latest news is, they have split.

Split?

People took a poll asking if this girl should have broke up with him for the lack of chivalry he displayed.

My feelings are 50/50.

Reason is, his reaction could have been just by instinct. You can't control that if you're scared. He probably didn't actually think it would hit her. He could have thought it was just gonna go in the spot he was standing. Then again, he clearly said he would catch it when she said she was gonna get hit. What if it happened again, would he be willing to "protect" her next time? What if they were in a more dangerous situation? Would he be willing to "protect" her then?

What are your feelings? Do you think she should have broke up with him because of this?



1 comment:

Lisa Petrarca said...

I probably wouldn't have. But I would be looking for other red flags & have my guard up a little more!

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. That's not to say I wouldn't have picked the ball up & chucked it at his head!LOL! I'm not even kidding!!!!!!!!