Monday, August 9, 2010

Lately....

I know I've been on here off and on lately. As I mentioned in my last post, things have been really hectic and I just haven't had time to get on here as much as I would like. I thought I would take this opportunity to update you all with additional stuff and some pictures, cause we all like to see pictures, right?!

So, a couple weeks ago my baby girl started 3rd grade. Geez....3rd grade already?! I remember being in 3rd grade as if it were just yesterday. How can my baby be in 3rd grade already. She's already doing well and the teacher loves her and "would clone her if she had a child like her". Yes, I'm a proud mama!





Then, for my birthday we ended up going to the movies and then out to dinner with my BFF and her husband. It was a fun time too! Only thing was, my daughter had a headache so I had to run over to the store {which was in the same parking lot} but that took nearly a half hour {mostly cause the line took for.ever} so I felt I missed out once I got back to my cold meal. With all that, I forgot to get a group photo while at dinner which I'm bummed about.


Then the day after my birthday we ended up seeing Cinderella and Scorpions in concert. It was a good concert too. I had never seen Cinderella before and it had been nearly 17 yrs since seeing Scorpions. In fact, Scorpions was mine and my husband's first concert together so it was nice to share that a second time around with our daughter....even though she could have cared less. She was more concerned about wanting to sit on the grass rather than the seats we had upgraded to.

Then, because we have been so busy, we've been eating like crap again. We've been eating out way too much cause when we're out running errands, it gets late and too late to cook something that we just stop and grab something. I've probably been cooking dinner once to twice a week and it's starting to show on the scale. I need to start taking care of myself. I also need to start walking again. Not only that, my mom looked at me yesterday while at church and asked me "Are you getting sleep?" and I knew she was referring to the bags under my eyes. I was also told that by my boss a couple weeks ago. It all stems back to my friggen dog waking me up constantly through out the night. So, my goal is to start walking again, eating at home more and getting more rest. Let's see if I can accomplish these goals now.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad to see you back!! And happy belated birthday!! That's so awesome you went to see Cinderella/Scorpions. They're coming here to Denver and I'm really hoping we get to go see them too! Hope you get some rest soon!

Have a great week!

Nicole said...

Stopping by from SITS! Awww, I hope you feel better soon and get some sleep!

Amarie said...

School already?? Wow! What a young lady you have there, for sure! Hopefully, everything will get back on track. Sometimes, it just gets outta control like that, but it'll balance back out. Have a great week. :-)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

it is great that she is in 3rd grade...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/08/jingles-august-follower-awards.html

Happy Tuesday!