Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cramping my style

I have plans this week as everyone pretty much does!! It's Thanksgiving week for goodness sake. Paul, Sabrina and I are going to breakfast tomorrow morning. It's an annual thing Paul and I started when we first got together. Then we're going to my parent's house for dinner. I am going to fix a Thanksgiving dinner for my little abode on Friday or Saturday. I'm excited!

Now, I'm usually never the one to get sick during the holidays. In fact, I rarely ever get the flu. I'm just notorious for getting colds. A cold to me is a cold. I go to work with a cold. It doesn't stop me but then again, maybe Paul has something to do with that. Paul is more or less the energizer bunny. In order for him to have gotten looked at for his most recent sickness (Vertigo, dehydration and whatever else was wrong with him. We still don't know to this day but it landed him in the hospital for 5 days), he had to be taken away in an ambulance while at work. The guy goes to work no matter what. It makes me mad cause his job isn't worth his life. He needs to take care of himself in order to be well enough to go to work. Plus, he has his family and without him, I would be lost. Sabrina needs her daddy also!!

Ok, not to get off track or anything but I needed to share that in order for you to understand WHY I go to work sick. I feel sometimes I need to measure up to him. Like this morning, again, not feeling well and he says "just stay home then" in the tone like I'm being a big baby. I wasn't complaining, just making noises like my stomach hurt. I responded like "No dear, especially with that tone. I know how you are. I'm going to work." So, guess where I'm at???? You guessed it....WORK! I'm feeling ok right now. Ok enough to be here at least for the moment.

With tomorrow being Thanksgiving though and all the plans we have, I don't want to be the one to put a damper on the whole day if this turns into something worse. Why I say that is this all started Sunday night before I went to bed. Each day that has gone by it seems to of gotten worse. Now my stomach hurts and has since yesterday, but again, today feels worse than yesterday. How much more of this until it goes away? I don't want my plans to be diminished but I have been hearing people have been getting the stomach flu. I haven't gotten sick like that yet...thank goodness. I don't remember the last time I had the stomach flu but I know my mother-in-law is just getting over it as I'm sure a bunch of other people are also. I'm just praying this doesn't become a domino effect. Next will be Paul or Sabrina and so on. Eck!

I just want the holidays to be the normal holidays where I can be happy, energized, eat my food and be satisfied and not sick! :op

1 comment:

Minxy Mimi said...

I hope you are OK!!! I had the stomach flu last X-mas and it was terrible. Heres to hoping you are feeling great and making plans even as I type this!