Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thankful Tuesday - My hubby!

It's that time of the week over at my friend, Denise's at Laughing with Spoons. This weeks Thankful Tuesday prompt is:

Your husband/significant other. (If you don't have a husband or significant other, please write about another male figure in your life.

These are the reasons I am truly grateful for my love bucket!!
1. I am thankful that he is mine all mine! Even though the 15 years we've been together haven't been the easiest, I wouldn't trade him in for the world. Also for the fact that through my weight gain, he has stuck by me and still loved me whereas some people are so petty and can't love with their heart rather than their eyes. For that, I truly am thankful and love him so very much and would be lost without him.

2. I am thankful that he is a wonderful daddy to our daughter. He will even play Barbie's and restaurant with her. To think that there are dad's out there that don't have a relationship with their child, I'm thankful my child does!!

3. I am thankful that my hubby is a hard worker. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He isn't afraid to work long hours. There are so many people these days that are so lazy and it is just irritating. My husband is a wonderful provider and I am thankful for him and keeping a roof over our heads and food in our tummys........and taking us on fun vacations!!!!! ;o)

4. I am thankful to have someone in my life that shares the same interests as mine. It's like we are the same person except for a couple minor details. (wink wink!) I also love it when we can finish each others sentences!

5. I am so very thankful that he gave me the best gift in the whole world, my daughter! I can't imagine my life without her.

6. I am thankful that my husband likes a nice house and yard. Even though he spends many hours at work, he still comes home and mows both front and back lawns even before I get home from work. Also, when I'm not home with him he will clean the house for me (cause he's bored, really!). He also does one of the jobs I don't like doing...dusting.

7. I am thankful for my hubby cause when I have returned home from, well, anywhere. It can be work, running errands or even from a friends house in Stockton and if I come home on "E", he will put gas in my car cause he knows how much I hate doing it. He may complain a little but I still thank him :o)

8. I thank him so much for making grocery shopping a family outing. Yes, we go grocery shopping together and you know what? I LOVE doing it as a family!! Also cause I just may spend much more money if he weren't with me. :o) He should probably be thankful for himself on that one too! ;o)

9. I am so very thankful that he has been encouraging me on my WW journey! He tells me how proud he is of me in my accomplishments and that I have finally stuck to something that is important to me. I don't think that I would be able to be doing as good if it weren't for his praise!

10. I am also thankful that he encourages my photography passion and hasn't complained but instead has been helping me in finding a professional camera so he can buy it for me for Christmas.

4 comments:

Denise said...

AWWWWWWW! That made me feel all warm and fuzzy! That is just a great list! :)

What a great guy you have! :)

Trina said...

Yay for Hubby's!! I am a photography freak too!!! I LOVE taking pictures!! LOVE IT!! We have alot in common!! Pictures and WW but not on the same day! lol!!

Anonymous said...

Great list! My hubby also comes with me grocery shopping and I agree it makes the experience so much better :)

Anonymous said...

I glad that you guys complement each other so well! You have yourself a great guy!!