Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday!

OK, so one of my friends and fellow blogger, Denise over at Laughing with Spoons has started doing a weekly blog post called Thankful Thursday. I thought it would be fun to join in! I know it's Friday but I started it yesterday and just had to finish it. Plus, it has been changed to Thankful Tuesday anyways. Check for the rules here.

So here is my list of 10 things I am thankful for this week (in no particular order):

1. My precious baby girl! She is my everything!! This week I was able to enjoy my whole Tuesday off with my daughter as she had the day off from school due to Veteran's day. I really enjoy having all the free time with her whenever possible!!! Since we had to take my husband's car to get an oil change, we decided to walk the mile to the mall and spent part of the time looking at Christmas stuff which was really fun :o)

2. My husband. For being him as I love him dearly. I may nag but it doesn't mean I don't love him. I would be lost without him. Also, for the fact that he still has a job during this horrible economic crisis. It is a daily thing we worry about. I used to be upset that he works 6 days a week. Now, I'm just glad he IS working those 6 days a week.

3. For not paying too horribly at WW from that 37 point lunch that I mentioned here. It was a gain but just under 1/2 lb. I consider this a victory!

4. My friends!! I love them dearly and am glad I have them. I also am thankful for my weekly chats with one of my BFF's, Linda and my weekly visit with my friend, Angie.

5. My family for still being with me in my life. Now that my parent's are getting old (they're still young though, mid 50's.), it scares me that they won't be around forever. So, I treasure every moment I get with them. Same with my brother. He smokes, has a motorcycle and doesn't eat as healthy as I would hope for, so I thank the good Lord for still keeping him in my life.

6. For myself, my health. In the last 8 months I have learned to eat better and be more conscience of what I put in my body and the portions. I'm thankful for the strength I have had during this as it's helping me to teach my daughter the importance of our body, health and the ability to love ourselves.

7. My weekend with my husband and daughter this past week in San Jose and Monterey. We had such a fabulous time together and we so needed it!!

8. For my shows. I enjoy each week being able to sit down, relax and watch my shows after a long day.

9. For my job. Sure, my husband's job is the most important. However, mine does help pay for the things we still need. I feel pretty secure here.

10. I can't forget our little addition to our family. My Ozzy-boy!!! He provides us with so much laughter for the simple fact that he is a Miniature Pinscher who loves to jump around as if he is a little deer. It is the most adorable, hilarious thing!! One of these days I'm gonna get him on video and post it for all of you to see. Until then, I will leave you with this here picture of him in all his cuteness! ;O)

4 comments:

Trina said...

I am thankful for new blogging friends!! Yay! Thanks for saying hello!! I've seen you before on Denises blog and maybe her myspace? She is one of my nearest and dearest friends and I luff her with all my heart! I'm glad she broght us all together!
Yay for our shows!! I totally agree!! And Yay that I just foud out thru your blog that you are doing WW...Denise and I are doing it together soooo....additional support is always welcome! I did ok my first week, I lost 2.4 and Denise ROCKED out a 3.6!! So proud of us!! Now I am on vaca in Oregon for an early Thanksgiving and I've already blown it today!! But back on track I will be!!!
Thanks for stoppin by to say hello!!

Anonymous said...

You know....when ever I read one of your "I'm thankful for" lists, it always makes me stop and think about what I am also thankful for, and what I sometimes take for granted. It always makes me want to go and hug my little monsters and my big one too! They all may make me a big crazy from time to time (a little bit every day), but darn it, they are MY monsters and I love them all!! :o)
I too am VERY grateful that Jeff is working right now. It may be a sucky-A** job that does not appreciate him, pays him much less than he is worth, and over works him (1 day off every 3 weeks!!), but.....like you said...he IS working!
Thanks again my friend for reminding us all to remember to be thankful for ALL of our good fortunes...no mater how big or how small, and to even find the good in a bad situation.

Love your friend,

Linda

Jennifer said...

Those are all great things to be thankful for--it sounds like you have an amazing family!

What a cute pic of your pup!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Denise said...

YAY for doing this post! Hope you don't mind doing it again tomorrow! LOL!

And I agree...I am thankful for a lot of things on your list! I am glad you didn't have too many issues from your 37 point lunch! We won't even discuss how many points I had for dinner last night! :|

I too am eating better!

I too luff my shows and my friends!

I too am thankful for just about everything!

And your dog...is too cute!