Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful Tuesday!

It's that time of the week again. Denise at Laughing with Spoons has posted this weeks topic. If you want to participate in the weekly fun, go check her blog out here.

Your topic is:

Family. I couldn't think of a better thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving week!


Boy, Denise is right. What better thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday week!!! My family and this is why I am thankful for them:

1. I am thankful for my mom WANTING to watch Sabrina on a weekly basis while Paul and I work. My mom only watches her once a week. If she has extra time off, she is more than happy to watch her an additional day or two. I hear of so many grandparents wanting to watch their grandchildren and in our case, it's just my mom. I am so thankful for that. Just for the simple fact that my mom enjoys her time with my daughter :o)

2. I'm thankful that my family is still here, with me. I am such a worry-wart and my greatest fear is losing a loved one. I don't know what I would do if I lost one of my family members. It worries me all the time and I'm just grateful for every day they are here with me.

3. I am thankful that I DO have a family! So many people out there don't have this wonderful fortune and it saddens me that there are people out there that are less fortunate. I just feel lucky and fortunate to have people around me in my life that love me.

4. I am thankful for my beautiful daughter! I can't imagine my life without her. She has brought so much joy in my life and made me look at things differently. In a more compassionate way. She absolutely means the world to me and without her, I would be lost!!

5. I am thankful for my husband. He is such a wonderful man! He makes me laugh and loves my goofy ways. He's such a hard worker and a wonderful father to our daughter. He is a great guy and I'm glad he is in my life...for better or worse!

6. I am thankful for my friends whom I consider family. It's so important to have friends in your life and I definitely don't take mine for granted! The few that I truly consider family have always been there for me, especially during the hard times in my relationship which is when I needed them most, but they stuck with me and I am truly grateful for them!

7. I'm thankful that my brother and I have a great sibling relationship. I see too many siblings that don't get along or have anything in common. Sure, growing up was one story but we all grow up and I'm glad that we have this great relationship now. He's an awesome guy and am happy to call him my brother.

8. I am thankful that my grandma is still with us. She's 94 years old, has dementia and forgets who I am but I am glad that I get to spend another holiday season with her. I am so bad at visiting my grandma cause I have a hard time with older people and this disease that causes her to forget who I am. I also said that I wanted to visit her on her birthday and have yet to go visit her. I'm just glad that I will be able to see her this Thanksgiving.

9. I am thankful that my parents got back together 28 years ago cause had they not, I would not have had the opportunity to know my mom as I know her today. Not only as my mom but as my friend. For that, I am truly thankful.

10. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to meet my extended family on my mom's side. My mom was adopted from her second cousin who she thought was her mom, and so her cousins that she thought were her cousins were really her half brothers and sisters. They are wonderful and down-to-earth people! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to have gotten to know them!

No comments: