Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Writing Assignment: My weakness

I have many weaknesses. Like, I can't stand to see blood or see animals tortured or my most recent, having a hard time watching horror flicks because the poor saps getting killed are someone's child. Being a mom, it's hard to watch.

However, it's not a weakness that I feel I have but instead, a weakness that my loved one knows I have. That loved one being my husband.

So as part of Mama Kat's prompts this week, I asked my husband what weakness he feels I have and you know, he's right.

I'm late everywhere. Not prompt at all.

Always Late Pictures, Images and Photos

I can not for the life of me be anywhere on time. Okay, I've been ontime places, just not often. More like I'm late 97% of the time. How sad, I know.

I was late to my wedding. Well, techniqually I was there but because we couldn't find my wedding dress (the people at the chapel actually misplaced it), then I forgot my marriage license in the car and since I was getting married at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas, it's no easy feat to run out to the car and grab it. Thanks so much to my BFF, she was my right hand girl!

I was late to school. Yes, I felt I spent so much time primping in the morning getting every hair in it's place, apparently I felt that was more important than getting my butt to school ontime. To make it even worse, I would spend all that time with my hair that a lot of the times it was foggy out in the morning and since I had to walk to school, fog and hairspray just do not mix. I would end up walking into class while everyone else was already seated and my hair would be damp and flat. Ahh yes...good times.

I was late to birthday parties. When we get invitations to parties, I tend to always show up "fashionably late". Heck, the party doesn't start until I arrive, right?! (j/k)

I was late to work. Yes, I am late to work. Honestly, as long as I have been working, something like 20 yrs. (Okay, I just dated myself and that sounds terrible.), I've have always been late. We're not talking late once a month, it's usually 2-3 times a week. I work 3 days a week. Grant it, I do have my good weeks where I'll be ontime all week. I honestly think that my work ethic is keeping me at these jobs cause I have never been fired for being late.

Now, I once saw something on the news about people who are late. In fact, it was my husband that recorded it for me (He knows me too well). It said that people (like me) who are late all the time don't care about others and think they are more important. I beg to differ! Honestly, I try to be ontime. I stress if I'm running late and will be on overdrive. I also drive like a race car driver just to try and get to work ontime. Believe you me, it has helped out too! Instead of being 10 min late, I'll be 2 min late instead :o)

always late Pictures, Images and Photos

I don't have this attitude (above) and I do continue to work hard at being ontime and plan to continue through out my life. However, I have instructed my family that if I go before them, to make me late to my own funeral. It just seems fitting.

~~~

Now it's your turn to head over to Mama Kat's to see what others are choosing to right about.

10 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

OMG, I am always late too. I have a good excuse now though. My 2 yr old literally makes me chase him down before we can go anywhere. LOL. I hate being late.

Stopping by from SITS. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Hi Kimmy,

Just popped in from Mama Kat's.

You sound like my kinda woman!

I would ALSO be late to my own funeral. Only it would TOTALLY be my fault, somehow...

Great post!

Domestic Diva's Corner said...

lol i'm glad to know i'm not the only one that is late. My luck i'll be late to my own funeral. have a great day

Dumb Mom said...

I'm never later. Well I used to not ever be late, but now that I have the three dudes to cart around with me I guess I appear that I am late from time to time. I just don't see it that way, because when I arrive somewhere late I always blame it on the kids. Which is why I'm never late. They are late and are making me late with them. Works for me!

Unknown said...

My best friend is always a little late too! She tries so hard (and drives so fast) to be on time : )

Some people just are. Laughed my head off about the wedding!

Ms. Wanda said...

Hi there stopping by from Mama Kat's:) LOL I think I believe that if you want to be late to your funeral you should:) I know what you mean about being late, hey maybe we are on time and everyone else is just early? Just a thought:)

xoxox
Ms. Wanda

Christy said...

I am always late too! I don't think its b/c I don't care about others...I just don't have a good grasp on time and how long it really takes to get two kids ready and across time.

I was late to my wedding too and stressing out!..until someone reminded me that its not going to start without me, lol!

visiting from mama kat's

Stef said...

I am so with you on that one! I am ALWAYS late. A co-worker of mine actually googled "why people are always late" and there were some pretty interesting articles about it. We aren't inconsiderate, we just have a lot on our plate. And I, for one, like to clean my plate before I leave the table!!

My Book Barn said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean! All to well! lol

Stopping by from SITS!
~Angela

Term Papers said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards