Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bye Bye Hannah

Let the meltdown begin...

That's right.

In my household, there is Hannah Montana CD's, books, movies, shows on, posters, clothes, hats and the list goes on and on.

Hannah can surely thank us for a portion of their sales.

My daughter loves, I mean L-O-V-E-S Hannah Montana.

We have slowly been weening my daughter off of the whole Hannah Montana obsession and encouraging her that there will always be her music and movies.

Well, Friday when I jumped on the Internet and saw the headline

"Miley quits music"

I thought to myself, "Oh no, here we go again."

When I got home, I broke the news to my daughter. I had to tell her. Get it over with. You know, just pull the band aid off quickly.

Let's just say, I wish I had a camera ready. I never in my dreams expected this.

When I told her, she was all "WHAT??? Oh nooooooo!!!" (tears started to flow big time at this point) and then she ran and threw herself onto the couch. (A perfect scene for Broadway.)

My poor baby! We have been encouraging her that she'll see her on movies (as long as they are rated PG). She has now started to turn her focus a little on Selena Gomez now. Although, Selena isn't that much younger than Miley.

I better get the tissue ready.

~~~

Do you have a daughter? Have you had a similar situation in your home?



No comments: