Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Photo Shoot

A couple weeks ago I attempted family picture taking for our Christmas cards. In the end, I wasn't happy. My hair was terrible and the Christmas tree behind us wasn't centered. That meant...time to go out and take my daughter and dog for a Christmas photo shoot.

We decided to go to a park in the next town over. A park I've only taken pictures of my daughter once at and that was just for a friend cause he needed to do a school project so I thought that I would try and get some pictures with my measly Sony Cybershot camera.

Anyways, it was a perfect day for pictures. It was cloudy and cold but it wasn't raining. Besides the fact that my daughter wanted to play at the park and run around with the dog, which I told her we were running out of time and needed to get to our next destination before the sun went down, I think both my subjects cooperated very well!


This one (above), made the Christmas cards this year.

Oh, and if you're wondering what's wrong with my dog's nose, it's a little red. You could say it's raw from digging under my daughter's playhouse in the backyard. Niiiice! I know.

So, the next place we went to was where I always end up......the marina area. There's just something about the delta and the old building down there.



All in all, I'm glad I had some time to get some picture taking in. It's been awhile. Also, I'm not ready for Christmas yet. I'm not ready for the warm fuzzies of this beautiful season to pass and at the same time, I still have some last minute shopping and wrapping to finish up too.

However, this is the first Christmas I will be spending without my beloved Grandma who passed this past June. Honestly, I haven't grieved completely yet. Too much was going on the week she passed. From mine and my husband's anniversary (the day after she passed), to my daughter's birthday which so happened to of been spent at my Grandma's funeral, to leaving on vacation in Vegas (2 days after the funeral). So, this Christmas I hope I can hold it together and be strong. I think I can but emotions can always creep up on us without notice. She will truly be missed. Honestly, I already miss her.

I love you Grandma! You will always be in our hearts!

With that said......it's the memories I treasure and love the most!


3 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute pictures! I love the one you picked for your card.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!
I have mixed feelings about Christmas as well.
There are days I'm ready, then I don't feel ready others.

Hope you have a good one!

Nikki B. said...

those pics are awesome! i think the one of S and the pup walking away is my fave!

merry christmas! and thanks for the card!