Monday, December 29, 2008

I Missed That. Can I Rewind?

please be kind & rewind! Pictures, Images and Photos

Have you found yourself so enthralled with the whole DVR thing (Tivo to some people) that you get all caught up in it in your everyday lives?

Ok, let me explain myself. I have noticed lately that when someone says something or does something that I happen to miss, I tend to think I can just rewind it and play back what was said or done....lol! I know, a bit cooky, right?! I find it to be a bit odd myself that my mind would think like that. It's just for a split second and then I realize "duh, this isn't a movie or something."
I think this whole DVR thing has really taken over our lives. I feel a sense of relief though that I can watch a program and not worry that if I walk away for a minute that I'm gonna miss it. Just hit "rewind" and we're good. What a great invention I feel! I think I speak for most of us out there, right?! But then you have that movie "Click" with Adam Sandler. Now personally, that's just a bad combination, really! Not something that would appeal to me in the least. That's why I'm wondering why my mind is doing this to me.


So, here's the question for the day:

Am I the only weirdo person out here that is having this issue?? LOL!

8 comments:

Young Momma said...

lol I haven't had my DVR effect me that way yet, lol. I am addicted to my DVR though lol I don't know what I'd do with out it. I still hear my friends talk about how they need to watch this or how they don't go out on a certain night because of a certain show or something. I record a ridiculous amount of stuff and I don't ever watch it when it's on. lol I don't think it'd be possible to even get through a 30min show without the kids interrupting some how! lol

Aileigh said...

How I wish I could rewind... especially when my mouth gets away from me!

The Wife O Riley said...

I don't have DVR (yet) But I get it.

One time I was so obsessed with my 4-wheel drive, when I was walking on some rough ground, I thought for only a second that I could throw my feet into 4-wheel drive.

Anonymous said...

Sorry girl...I don't do that! Lol!

Amarie said...

Well...lol...as much as I would like to step into the DVR era, I haven't yet, so I can't really relate but, believe me, I'd love to! On the other hand, it would be great if you could do that rewind thing - especially when you let something not-so-nice slip out and you wish you could take it back lol.

Akum said...

You are not alone!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

I LOVE our DVRs. Yes, plural because the hubby and argue about who's show should have priority if they conflict. I haven't had any thoughts of rewinding moments in person...not yet anyways. :)

I wandered over to your blog from SITS.

Hccm said...

You are so lucky to have a DVR. Okay, but yes there are times I wish I could rewind what comes out of this mouth...lol.

Happy New Year.