Wednesday, December 31, 2008

THAT will NOT happen again!!

Here it is, Mama Kat's weekly assignment! This one should be good too! LOL I just may embarrass myself a bit but what the hell, it's the last day of 2008 and it will all be left behind us, right, right?!

So, here are this weeks prompts:

1.) Describe a New Year's where you would have been better off just staying home.
2.) What do you do that drives your mother crazy?
3.) Share your favorite gluten free recipe (hey, so what if I rig the topics to suit my life...)
4.) Close out 2008 with your own TOP 10 list!

So, can you tell which one I've chosen to do?? If you were thinking #1, you were right!! So, without further adu.....

It was New Year's Eve for the coming year 2000! We had plans too! We had tickets to Tommy T's and then had a room already booked at the Holiday Inn. It was gonna be my hubby, Paul (we were engaged at the time), me, my BFF and her hubby.

So, the day starts off with Paul going to work. I was at home doing whatever. Honestly, I don't recall but it consisted of not eating much during the day. I remember heading over to my BFF's house and her hubby had made some pasta salad. He makes the best too so I had a helping. That was all I ate during the day, at least until we got to Tommy T's.

Paul got off work. Once he got home, we decided to grab a bite to eat on the way to the Holiday Inn where we were to meet up with my friend and her husband. However, the time that Paul got off work, every fast food place had already closed. We were hungry!! I had pasta salad and he may of had a slice of pizza all day.

Once we finally made our way to Tommy T's, we were first to see a comedy show, then dancing and then there was a buffet at midnight. Paul and I figured we would share some nachos and then be ready for the buffet at midnight. All was going as planned too.

Once the comedy show was over, we made our way to the pool tables. We were having fun! The night was going smoothly however, I wasn't buzzed one bit. I was drinking watermelon pucker. I know, mild but that's what I liked. It was getting close to midnight and I wanted to be buzzed. So I go up to the bartender lady and asked her to make my watermelon pucker stronger. Oh boy, did she. I guess I should be careful what I ask for! She put Vodka in it. Let's just say...Vodka and I are no longer friends. Now that I think about it, I don't think we ever were..lol!

So as my BFF and I walk back to the guys, I said "I don't think I can drink this. It tastes like rubbing alcohol." Paul said, "I'll drink it then." Just then I realized a little buzz coming on. I figured I was on limited time as the clock kept ticking away getting closer to midnight, I would just deal with it and drink it. Well, I guess it became my friend for a short time during the night cause honestly, I don't remember much. I also don't remember the fact that Paul and I had gone back up to the bar and did shot after shot after shot of Jagermeister and Goldschlager, two drinks I would drink on occasion, but definitely not like that. That night I did though. Now, this is all I remember:

I was dancing on the floor with my BFF, then with Paul. Then he mentioned he thought it was time we finally set a date to get married. Then we rang in the new year. Then later I remember the people setting the buffet area up and bringing food out. I was already for that too! Then I remember my friend wanting to leave but I wanted food. I WAS HUNGRY!!! But then we didn't eat and instead walked back a mile or so to our hotel. Yep...drunk off my ass, walking. In the process, I ended up falling into some bushes as my buttoned up blouse popped open for all to see...lol! Then we somehow got to the other side of the street where I managed to fall once again with my head nearly missing one of those huge padlocks that locked those PG&E metal plates on the sidewalk. Then I remember somehow ending up at my friend's hotel room and being placed in one of the chairs where I proceeded to vomit all over myself and their chair. (I'm glad I didn't sleep in there..lol!!!!) Then, I don't recall but I ended up being by their bathroom and noticed Paul flopped over on his tummy on their bed with his pants to his ankles with his undies on at least. (Mind you, a few years later I asked my friend and her hubby about that incident with Paul cause I wasn't sure if it had really happened and their response was just complete laughter, and then they said "yes, that happened!"). Then, somehow we ended up in our own hotel room but I have no idea how. I just remember waking up slightly cause housekeeping came and I told her come back later and fell back to sleep with the worse hangover in my life. Paul had to be at work for an hour or so but once he got back we headed home where I slept the whole day away. Paul was a bit bummed but whatever. I didn't feel good and you know.....THAT will NOT happen again!! Since then, I can barely drink a whole cocktail. That was definitely a lesson learned!!

Ok, that's my story! Now head on over to Mama Kat's and read others.

13 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow that was funny...I can't even smell Jagermeister now!!WHEW

Hope you can remember tonight!
Have a Happy New Year

The Wife O Riley said...

That's a great story. At least you came out of it ok, with a lesson learned.

I got so drunk one New Year that I got up in the middle of the night (after I passed out on my bed) to go to the bathroom. When I stumbled back to bed, I tripped over my shoes and hit my face on the nightstand. I woke up with 2 black eyes, a sore nose that apparently bled at the time, a huge gash under my one eye and one on the bridge of my nose.

The worst part? I don't remember a thing about it. I just woke up like that and had no idea how it happened. Matt had to fill me in.

That was the last time I ever went out on New Years or drank that much.

Hccm said...

Kimmy that was too funny. I hope you have a great New Years Eve.

Off to have my prenatal vitamin folic acid water cocktail

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Ill just say that vodka and I are the BEST of friends...

;-)

Great post!
Jay

Summer said...

Oh ick. Ick ick ick. I have a similar story with Golden something. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Kendall said...

Oh drunken shenanigans, so much fun. I can't stand the taste of vodka, although I've heard it's something you acquire as you drink it more.

Hope you have a happy New Year!

- Kendall from Mama Kat's

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it takes hitting the bottom (of the bottle) to realize that hitting the bottom (of the bottle) is not a good thing to do. Happy New Year!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Great story, Kimmy! Ah, to be young and carefree again. I think we all have stories like that. A little too much to drink and fuzzy, fuzzy memories. It is a rite of passage, really. How else would we learn not to drink too much? :)

Thanks SO much for your e-mail yesterday. Great info! You have much to be proud of. I will be thinking of you as I head over to the elliptical machine beginning this week!

-Francesca

Teti Family said...

Happy New Year :)

Unknown said...

I hope you remembered last night! I remember a new year where we were driving down south to friends for a party but out car broke down. My friend and I spent new year 2005 at the side of a main road with muffins as our celebratory food. Haha...not fun! x.

Anonymous said...

I have a similar story that relates to tequila, although it didn't occur on New Year's Eve. Moral of my story: Don't shoot tequila into a stomach that has nothing in it except one very large glass of white wine. I was sick for 3 days and have never had a shot of the stuff again. It's now 30 years later, btw.

Hope last night was calmer and less dramatic! :-)

Happy New Year!

KatBouska said...

I am not friends with tequila for the exact same reason! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my friend!!!!! I feel soooo bad about that night, always have!!! I totally blaim myself for your bad experience; I had completely forgotten about the food they were serving, I just saw how much Jeff was drinking and wanted to get him the heck away from the bar! Wish we could have a do-over. :o)

Me