Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thankful Tuesday!

I missed last weeks Thankful Tuesday cause I was pretty busy, being a couple days before Christmas and all. However, this week I've slowed down a bit (but still need to finish cleaning up the Christmas mess, the worse part) so I figured I would hop on board. Head on over to Denise's blog and participate.

For this week, the topic is this:

2008. What have you been thankful for this year??

So here goes, in no particular order......

1. I am thankful for another year with all my loved ones. I am very family orientated and to have them another day, month or year is so very special to me!

2. I am thankful that I actually succeeded in accomplishing my New Years Resolution.....losing weight! I've always been a thin person but since being with my husband (15 1/2 yrs) I started to put the weight on after 3 yrs together. Then I had a child. So for 10+ years I kept making my NY resolution to lose weight, failing every year too! Not this year though! My husband is so proud of me too!! What a great feeling AND to know that I have ME back!!

3. I am thankful for my daughter. She is my everything! She has made me look at life in a whole new way. She's a momma's girl too! Awww.....I love my baby so much!! (OK, enough of the mushy crap. lol!) Also, that she is doing Fantastic in school. This year she is in 1st grade and I couldn't be anymore prouder of that little girl! I truly feel blessed to have her in my life!!

4. I am thankful to have my husband. After all these years together. The ups and the downs. Through my weight gain and lose, that man still looks at me the same way he did 15 1/2 years ago! He still says the sweetest things to me (OK, maybe not as much but he still does). We still say "I love you" probably more than 5 times a day too! I truly feel blessed to have him in my life also! (If you're reading this, I love you babe!!!)

5. I am thankful to have been at my job 6 years this year. It's part-time but it's part-time because I choose that. I make a nice wage for what I do and I feel like I have job security too! Just basing it off of a conversation I've had with my boss. I enjoy my job because it's just me and him and some other sub-tenants but there is NO GOSSIP! One word......FABULOUS! Sure, I'm a girl and we love gossip (well, me to an extent) however, I don't like to be the one gossiped about. I prefer to withdrawal myself from it all, if possible. So, this job is wonderful for me. I go to work, then go home.

6. I am thankful for my dog. Yes, that's right, my dog! I just took the little one to see Marley & Me last night and well, lets just say.....we were bawling!!! I am an animal lover and I have lost my pets over the years and it is just like losing a loved one. They are a part of the family and when they pass, it doesn't hurt any less just because they are an animal. Every day I have with my Ozzy-boy, I treasure! He is the best little doggy (who seems to be part deer with the all the hopping he does....lol!! I swear I'm gonna get that on video for you all).

7. I am thankful for my friends. I have 2 best friends from junior high that I've kept close to me. They've been there for me through thick and thin. They accept me for me and I love them. But I also have other friends that I have met over the years. I don't make friends easily because I'm very shy (that's why blog-land is perfect for me!). People actually have thought I was stuck up because I won't talk. ME? Stuck up? Not my personality AT ALL! I'm just a scaredy cat! However, I have come out of my shell some over the years.....courtesy of my hubby!

8. I am thankful for my hubby's job. Although he has one this year, taking the economy into consideration....he just may not have one next year. I'm just praying we can ride through this in the coming year. With his job we have love, our house, our play time, our material things. If he loses it, we have our love and my parent's house..lol! They've already made plans to let us move in if it comes to that but let's just pray it doesn't. I haven't lived there in 14 years. I would like to keep adding to that number if possible..lol!

9. I am thankful for our health. A couple years ago I had a scare with my hubby and still, to this day we don't know what was wrong with him. He was dehydrated, his kidneys started to fail and the doctors thought he had a mild heart attack but after much tests, they couldn't figure it out. Then a couple months later he started to have episodes where he would get violently dizzy where he would fall and couldn't stand and also vomit and have really bad headaches (headaches are something he never gets). Again, doctors couldn't figure that out either. With much research on my part, I figured out he has Vertigo. Very scary and my life was turned upside down for months. I wouldn't let him drive anywhere either but then it all came to a stop. Over the last couple years though, he will start to get mild lightheadedness which is how it would start out, but it never goes into full blown Vertigo. With that being said, I am very thankful for our health!

10. Lastly, and definitely not least.....I am thankful for all my new bloggy friends I have made. I know I've said this before but really, I am! As I mentioned above, I have a hard time meeting people and being social and this really helps me. Sure, until the day someone actually wants to meet (does that even happen??). So, thank you everyone for welcoming me here with open arms!

There you have it! My 10 reasons for being thankful this year! What are you thankful for?

Until next time, Happy New Year and I wish everyone a prosperous 2009!!

4 comments:

Young Momma said...

I love your list! I love that I hear an awesome Christina A. song when I click on your site, lol!

One suggestion though? Try making your font white. It'll go with the theme but be so much easier to read. I can't read it until the text gets up into the lighter part of the theme.

Wonderful list though, really. I agree with being thankful for jobs!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw! I'm thankful for you too!

Love this song.

We were gonna see Marley and Me til the hubby's Aunt told us it's a better movie to see at home instead of bawling our eyes out in a theater for 45 minutes!

Glad you have so many things to be thankful for!!!

I've never been at a job for 6 years. That's quite an accomplishment!

The Wife O Riley said...

What wonderful things to be thankful for!

And being one of your bloggy friends (I hope) I am thankful for you too.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

This is such a wonderful list, Kimmy. I love how you are able to keep your focus on all of the important things in life...your health, your family, your blog friends, and, of course, your dog. Made me like you even more!

So, now that you have opened the door re weight loss, you have to reveal your secret. Was it really just diet and exercise? Impressed by your dedication!

-Francesca